House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
theChuz

Wheres All The Spin

Was anyone else expecting a torrent of spin with this rate cut, i was expecting to be flooded with "best time to buy", "economy on the way up", "excellent news for all" type of journalism.

Really though , the TV and online articles / forums seem more bearish now than ever. Its as if the rate cut opened some eyes to reality , im a little suprised.

Why isnt it being spun?

yea, i know the economy is screwed, you know its screwed, my friends and workmates think that a IR reduction is a present.

Maybe i just have a retarded peer group which ultimatly makes me a dimwit. Like ive said in a differnt thread up until yesterday the BBC have done a p*ss poor job at reporting anything properly, but now its as if the lights gone on.

Seems like the IR cut will do more harm than good, now wouldnt that be ironic

Guest growl

Why isn't the media spinning. Because they like a bad story aswell as a good story. In fact they usually prefer the bad story news. Nothing inbetween. Boring stagnation, or cruising along is no news. Not that I think we are stagnating.

The media loves it when we are in a boom period but they equaly love it when we are in a bust. They will talk up anything, :) because viewers will turn on to anything that effects their pockets and buy newspapers. This keeps journalists in a job.

In other words they are reactionary. Which is another reason why the population of this country will lose confidence even quicker, thus stoking up the flames of a faster crash.

Why isn't the media spinning. Because they like a bad story aswell as a good story. In fact they usually prefer the bad story news. Nothing inbetween. Boring stagnation, or cruising along is no news. Not that I think we are stagnating. 

The media loves it when we are in a boom period but they equaly love it when we are in a bust. They will talk up anything, :)  because viewers will turn on to anything that effects their pockets and buy newspapers. This keeps journalists in a job.

In other words they are reactionary. Which is another reason why the population of this country will lose confidence even quicker, thus stoking up the flames of a faster crash.

Yea, what youve put there actually makes alot of sense.

Be on guard. The VI's always find a way to make a black sky pink. They'll be trotting out the usual rubbish any day now. I would guess they've retreated to a bunker to re-energise and think up the next hype.

Watch out....there's a VI about.

VP

Maybe i just have a retarded peer group which ultimatly makes me a dimwit. 

Well you ARE a Brummie factory worker without a degree. ;)

BTW I don't really think you are a dimwit, I'm a Brummie too from humble background, and I don't like people much either. ;)

Well you ARE a Brummie factory worker without a degree. ;)

BTW I don't really think you are a dimwit, I'm a Brummie too from humble background, and I don't like people much either. ;)

Well im not quite brummie .. from gloucestershire (about 45 minutes from brum) all the rest though... yep :lol:

Seems that the cut didn't make anybody happy if you read the BBC forum thread on it yesterday.

It's not enough to encourage FTB's on the ladder. It may have the influence of at least holding the housing market up if not temporarily inflating it so still keeping them out and sellers are having trouble selling anyway. And the savers are going nuts!

I was talking to my LL this morning and even he (bullish up to a couple of months ago) said "Now the house market is crashing", and this the day after a cut!

I really don't thing Gordy and the BoE expected this.

There's an amazing TONE CHANGE evident on SP's PropertyMarketDiscussion,

which has started today.

And oddly, many of the US Homebuilder stocks are getting whacked hard today

Are the Bulls capitulating?

see what you think:

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/forum/?f=41&m=70809

I've emailed the author of the article and sent her the link for the Kirstie video. Might make her smile.....