House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mad'un

Radio 4 Summed It Up Nicely

Heard this yesterday: I can't remember the guy's name but he comments pretty regularly on BBC news and radio, he's a reporter / correspondant.

After the usual upbeat reporting from the BEEB of how the BOE/MPC are striving to re-invigorate the economy he basically followed by saying: "what the BOE have done is give the nation a very small dose of their favourite drug - cheap credit, to help with the withdrawl symptoms. What the BOE/MPC know they really need to do to is stimulate economic growth without an increase in consumer debt - and therein lies the monumental challenge!" I thought this was a very astute observation from the BBC?!

Heard this yesterday: I can't remember the guy's name but he comments pretty regularly  on BBC news and radio, he's a reporter / correspondant.

After the usual upbeat reporting from the BEEB of how the BOE/MPC are striving to re-invigorate the economy he basically followed by saying: "what the BOE have done is give the nation a very small dose of their favourite drug - cheap credit, to help with the withdrawl symptoms.  What the BOE/MPC know they really need to do to is stimulate economic growth without an increase in consumer debt - and therein lies the monumental challenge!"  I thought this was a very astute observation from the BBC?!

Its weird actually, the BBC has been a complete crock of sh*te at reporting on the economy / housing / anything anti gov, but since that rate cute yesterday they are actually doing there jobs.. wasnt expecting it to be honest

Its weird actually, the BBC has been a complete crock of sh*te at reporting on the economy / housing / anything anti gov, but since that rate cute yesterday they are actually doing there jobs.. wasnt expecting it to be honest

Let's not get too enthusiastic. The Beeb follows old news, and tows the conventional line. It is still three months behind the obvious trend. Worse still Channel 4, which used to be relied upon to bring proper news, is now going down the non-lateral thinking road, especially regarding housing, and not surprisingly because of all those silly Channel 4 "Do up your house and make a fortune programmes".

VP

Let's not get too enthusiastic. The Beeb follows old news, and tows the conventional line.

Can't really blame them for generally erring on the side of caution in the current political climate. I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd just *love* to be able to blame the next recession/burst housing bubble on "BBC negativity".

If it all goes pear-shaped in the next few years scapegoats will, as ever, be required.

Andrew McP