House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OzzMosiz

Low Mortgages - Interesting

Ok, just seen a nice house that I would be interested in, if the cirumstances were

different. It's at 134K, now assuming I put an offer in for 120K, downed 20K on the

deposit to leave a nice rounded 100K, the repayments for 5 years with Alliance &

Leicesters 4.49% fixed mortgage is still £632 per month, bills added, looking at £900per

month.

This is a 2 bed end terrace with conservatory and small kitchen mind!

*sigh*

EDIT: Mortgage over 20 years, not 25

Edited by OzzMosiz

Just buy a place now. Prices only ever go up not down...interest rate cut....blah...de....blah...de...blah...can't loose.....a friend....made two million in 6 months....buy to let....blah ...de...blah.....future pension fund....etc etc

Just buy a place now. Prices only ever go up not down...interest rate cut....blah...de....blah...de...blah...can't loose.....a friend....made two million in 6 months....buy to let....blah ...de...blah.....future pension fund....etc etc

I ain't buying diddly sh*t til prices are reasonable! Just thought I'd vent my frustration

at the fact low IR's and high house prices. Quite tempted to go and view shed loads of

suitable properties and be a real cheeky bas**** with offers.

I ain't buying diddly sh*t til prices are reasonable! Just thought I'd vent my frustration

at the fact low IR's and high house prices. Quite tempted to go and view shed loads of

suitable properties and be a real cheeky bas**** with offers.

Good on ya. We are likeminded there. No way i'm buying yet either. I'm sure interest rate cut won't affect diddly squat, but the VI's live in hope.

I'd like to go around putting in cheeky offers as well but i don't want EA Scum ringing me up everyday about this flat, and that house. I just don't want to deal with the B*stards full stop!

Ok, just seen a nice house that I would be interested in, if the cirumstances were

different. It's at 134K, now assuming I put an offer in for 120K, downed 20K on the

deposit to leave a nice rounded 100K, the repayments for 5 years with Alliance &

Leicesters 4.49% fixed mortgage is still £632 per month, bills added, looking at £900per

month.

*sigh*

you're supposed to get an interest only mortgage so that you can just about afford it, repayment mortgages are so yesterday

Good on ya. We are likeminded there. No way i'm buying yet either. I'm sure interest rate cut won't affect diddly squat, but the VI's live in hope.

I'd like to go around putting in cheeky offers as well but i don't want EA Scum ringing me up everyday about this flat, and that house. I just don't want to deal with the B*stards full stop!

Yeah, I had the b******s hassling me a while back when I was considering

looking for something.

month.

*sigh*

OzzMosiz,

People prefer three bedroom houses rather than two bedroom houses. Two bedroom houses are practically worthless because nobody wants them. Two bedroom houses are not well layed out and are ill-proportioned.

I am surprised that there are people out there who are still interested in buying a house. People are only interested in property as an investment rather than as a home. Anybody who says otherwise is a liar.

OzzMosiz,

People prefer three bedroom houses rather than two bedroom houses. Two bedroom houses are practically worthless because nobody wants them. Two bedroom houses are not well layed out and are ill-proportioned.

I am surprised that there are people out there who are still interested in buying a house.  People are only interested in property as an investment rather than as a home. Anybody who says otherwise is a liar.

Is that right? Well I'd love a 3 bedroom place (did have on with the ex), but I ain't likely

to be able to afford it. I ain't interested in a house as an investment, I just want a

reasonably priced house to live in, and hope that I'll remain in employment. Other than

that I'd like to be able to enjoy the rest of my wages on things like Cinema, beer, and 1

holiday a year in Italy snowboarding.

BUT if I did buy on the downwards peak and prices did rise stupidly, yes I might consider selling up if I wasn't really attached to the house and had no ties.