House Price Crash Forum

Cancel Everything

huw

HOLA441

link

The girl's mother Donna Williamson said her daughter was physically unable to take part in the activities planned.

She told BBC Scotland: "She cannot hold a bow and arrow for example, or go kayaking, because she has no upper body strength.

"My daughter would have been excluded in that she would have had to stay in the centre while all the kids went off to do the activities.

"The school has tried hard to accommodate the needs of pupils, but such is the complexity of the legislation governing disability discrimination that the council felt it had no alternative [to cancelling the trips] at this stage."

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

The council must be stark raving bonkers, this just beggars belief. If you take this to its logical conclusion there will be no sports, no schoolkids allowed in the playground, no PE, no drama activities, no nothing. What kind of future do these lunatics think they are creating? I seriously fear for a country that allows apparently mentally deranged people to work in positions of official responsibility.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The cancellation is temporary till the New YEar.

It would be a postponement in that case, not a cancellation.

She added: "In the new year there will be a concerted effort to provide an appropriate out-of-school excursion for all the children."

No way can she be talking about re-instating the previously-planned excursion there, as that one was clearly only appropriate for the able-bodied children.

HOLA4413

The whole of our society is now devoted to meeting the needs of the dysfunctional.

You just summed up >

The House of Lords + The House of Commons!

HOLA4414
Guest X-QUORK

Are you shifting your political stance then X-QUORK? :unsure:

Not in the slightest, but my Guardian-reading bias becomes somewhat destabilised when these stories appear from somewhere other than the Daily Hate.

HOLA4415
Guest X-QUORK

Give it time, if you find these stories 'outrageous' it doesn't matter what paper you currently read as its how the contents of these stories appear to your internal compass I would suggest.

I read the Telegraph & Times, I find their stance more centralist than the two you've mentioned.

Your irony sensors seem a little fuzzy this morning. ;)

Archived