House Price Crash Forum

Edmund Conway Supporting Nwo

dr ray

About time people started saying this. Cash is more of an anachronism than the cheque, which is itself being fazed out.

Tosh.

Cash is quick and convenient. Cheques are slow and laborious. End of.

(but the rest of what you say makes sense: I'd rather carry plastic than paper-and-metal, and am open to other options).

The only concern is for those who want privacy for their payments. I strongly believe that no one should have the right to record or monitor how you spend your money. However, a system of prepay cards would be sufficient, loaded with £50 or £100 for example.

and how precisely do you pay for those??

get them online?

IP address recorded,serial number of pre-pay card recorded...and hence all transactions done on the card.

I think we should do what the australians do and have plasticised banknotes with RFID embedded.With nanotech it's basically forgeproof(for now)...

...fully machine washable too!

Edited by oracle

He's clearly smoking crack. If the only way to use official money was via electronic payment systems of kind possible right now, people would just start using some kind of unofficial money for casual transactions instead (e.g. US dollars, Euros, old silver coins or whatever). We're so far from having the kind of technology that would, even in theory, provide a safe non-centralised form of electronic payment without the full aparatus currently required for credit cards etc that this idea really is a total non-starter. I'd also like to think that any government that seriously proposed it would have immediate riots on its hands, but the supine reaction to the ID card scheme has disabused me of that idea.

Anectdotal: I've only been to 3 countries outside the G7: Turkey, Tunisia and Peru. On all 3 trips I took $ and/or €, for as soon as you stepped outside of the Tourist Zoos, they were just as good as the official currency.

I wonder if this is something common to almost all countries in the world, and wouldn't it suggest that any attempt to take away cash would simply result in a foreign currency stepping in to take its place?

Anectdotal: I've only been to 3 countries outside the G7: Turkey, Tunisia and Peru. On all 3 trips I took $ and/or €, for as soon as you stepped outside of the Tourist Zoos, they were just as good as the official currency.

I wonder if this is something common to almost all countries in the world, and wouldn't it suggest that any attempt to take away cash would simply result in a foreign currency stepping in to take its place?

India too.

EC says

I think having cash also helps to regulate your spending. Sometimes you've not got much cash on you so you're careful about how much you spend, and sometimes you might resist the temptation to buy something since £50 can feel like quite a lot when you've got to physically hand it over.

A nasty little trick mates used to do when you went to the ATM to take out say £40 for a night on the town was that somebody would lean around and quickly press 0 and enter making them draw out £400, which they would always spend faster than if it were in t he bank

I'm sure this would happen and it creates a whole new 'industry.' This is the business of the biblical 'money changers' and beats the hell out of working,and doing the black market can be fun, fun, fun. More unintended consequences, the result of the actions of control freaks.

Another prime example of a phrase that is used to dissuade independent inquiry is "conspiracy theory".

Almost all meaningful theories of significant historic events are, by definition, conspiracy theories. Humans generally plot and plan together to further their common aims. In other words, they conspire.

The question to ask is usually: Which conspiracy theory best fits the evidence?

You're bang on, Spaniard. The term "conspiracy theory" instantly sends many people into a mental stupor with a great big smirk on their face. Unless you can get past that, there's no convincing them of anything, even if extensive supporting evidence exists. It's an example neurolinguistic programming by the media.

You're bang on, Spaniard. The term "conspiracy theory" instantly sends many people into a mental stupor with a great big smirk on their face. Unless you can get past that, there's no convincing them of anything, even if extensive supporting evidence exists. It's an example neurolinguistic programming by the media.

Thanks.

Some say that I am bang on, others simply that I bang on. :lol:

Edmund Conway over at the Telegraph comes out in favour of the cashless society.

The comments are excellent and point out the evil behind this suggestion 'though it looks like comments from someone called "clare" have been censored.

Link

thanks for posting

comments are indeed interesting read and shows people are not swallow this kind of rubbish that easily. We are obviously being softened up for more of USSR style system. I think its high time to tell them where to stick it, as stanislav puts it:

You can stick your CCTV, Police State, wheelie bin Stasi, DNA, WMD, "Social Cohesion", benefits for all, guilty until proved innocent, don't do that it's illegal now, can't say that, ID cards for all, where are you going, what have you been saying/doing/reading?, can't photograph that, how very dare you, golliwog banning, global warming, we know where you live, we're watching you Soviet Utopia up your arses. Sideways.

http://bastardoldholborn.blogspot.com/

You can stick your CCTV, Police State, wheelie bin Stasi, DNA, WMD, "Social Cohesion", benefits for all, guilty until proved innocent, don't do that it's illegal now, can't say that, ID cards for all, where are you going, what have you been saying/doing/reading?, can't photograph that, how very dare you, golliwog banning, global warming, we know where you live, we're watching you Soviet Utopia up your arses. Sideways.

http://bastardoldholborn.blogspot.com/

Well put but most people here just think it will change if they vote for party X and not Y when it matter not because they are all in bed togeather anyway.

Revolution is the only way forward as the 3 main parties have the game fixed where they can use judges, police, mejia and anything else to keep a peoples party from power

it's coming like it or not so we may as well get it over and done with and deal with the banksters at the ssame time.

Well put but most people here just think it will change if they vote for party X and not Y when it matter not because they are all in bed togeather anyway.

Revolution is the only way forward as the 3 main parties have the game fixed where they can use judges, police, mejia and anything else to keep a peoples party from power

it's coming like it or not so we may as well get it over and done with and deal with the banksters at the ssame time.

I agree & mostly share your sentiment (as it makes sense) but where we differ is BNP!

trust me, if elected they will let you down big time, remember several councellors got elected in the past disappointed voters by fiddling expenses, failed to attend or help with local issues for which they got voted. I strongly suspect the leader is also controled by the secret service as thet in most cases (the truth seeker has reported on it as well).

Reportedly, the spooks like to control important people through the use of sex with boys or girls.

In Northern Ireland, both Unionists (people seeking to stay with Britain) and Nationalists (wanting to break with Britain) are said to have been involved in child abuse. (Kincora Boys)

On 21 December 2009, Malachi O'Doherty, in the Guardian, wrote about the newly revealed child abuse scandal involving the father and brother of Gerry Adams, an important Nationalist figure in Northern Ireland, suspected by some of being an asset of the British security services. (Where does this leave Gerry Adams?)

http://aangirfan.blogspot.com/2009/12/gerry-adams-of-mi6.html

DisQ,

I read a while back that the BNP had been infiltrated by an organisation known as 'Common Purpose'. If you have not heard of them, Google 'Brian Gerrish', 'Common Purpose'. It's a very sinister sounding organisation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeFIv44lUd8

Much like every other party has been infiltrated, no doubt.

Reportedly, the spooks like to control important people through the use of sex with boys or girls.

In Northern Ireland, both Unionists (people seeking to stay with Britain) and Nationalists (wanting to break with Britain) are said to have been involved in child abuse. (Kincora Boys)

On 21 December 2009, Malachi O'Doherty, in the Guardian, wrote about the newly revealed child abuse scandal involving the father and brother of Gerry Adams, an important Nationalist figure in Northern Ireland, suspected by some of being an asset of the British security services. (Where does this leave Gerry Adams?)

'Conspiracy of Silence' - Unaired Yorkshire TV documentary on high level paedophile ring in Washington, D.C.

French minister admitted to paedophilia:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/6270217/Frederic-Mitterrand-admitted-to-paying-for-sex-with-young-boys-in-Thailand.html#

etc...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/nov/20/transsexual-murder-brenda-piero-marrazzo

DisQ,

I read a while back that the BNP had been infiltrated by an organisation known as 'Common Purpose'. If you have not heard of them, Google 'Brian Gerrish', 'Common Purpose'. It's a very sinister sounding organisation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeFIv44lUd8

Much like every other party has been infiltrated, no doubt.

'Conspiracy of Silence' - Unaired Yorkshire TV documentary on high level paedophile ring in Washington, D.C.

French minister admitted to paedophilia:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/6270217/Frederic-Mitterrand-admitted-to-paying-for-sex-with-young-boys-in-Thailand.html#

etc...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/nov/20/transsexual-murder-brenda-piero-marrazzo

exactly, spot on. which means that there is no option staying within the system.

Its been controlled/ manipulated to the extend that by bring any other party in will not solve our problems.

we need to think outside the box solution.