House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IMupNorth

Hey, Ttrtr, Whats That Noise ....?

Can you hear that snoring noise thats getting louder ......

mmm I think its the mentalist bears going into early hibernation for the winter.

Come the spring, they'll no doubt be back saying that prices are about to crash. Its all about sentiment apparently, well the only sentiment I hear is that people are accepting of high house prices and certainly don't want them to fall. Kind of makes you realise that there's no imminent crash on the horizon.

Crash ? - not a snowballs chance in hell !!

mmm I think its the mentalist bears going into early hibernation for the winter.

Come the spring, they'll no doubt be back saying that prices are about to crash. Its all about sentiment apparently, well the only sentiment I hear is that people are accepting of high house prices and certainly don't want them to fall. Kind of makes you realise that there's no imminent crash on the horizon.

Yeah, that's right, HPI has fallen from over 20% to 0% in 12 months and it's going to stop there and go back up again to 20% because IRs are now only 4.5%. Numpty! We are in a crash, you just don't see it because you don't want to.

If you're so confident about the future why do you come onto a website such as this?

I'm not confident at all, I have no faith in the economy and house prices, I can't even afford a studio flat, despite having a £30k deposit and on average 'graduate' salary!

Edited by Jason

If your so confident about he future why do you come onto a website such as this?

I'm not confident at all, I have no faith in the economy and house prices, I can't even afford a studio flat, despite having a £30k deposit and on average 'graduate' salary!

Jason, I suspect you are a youngish chap early to mid twenties in the way you referred to 'a graduate salary'.

I am much older than you - thats doesn't make me right about anything - but what life has taught me is that its important to look at both sides of the coin. When things look bad, look for what you can do to make things better for yourself and for others.

Having as little debt as possible is one of the best things you can do, live within your means, experience as much as possible whilst you are young. In your shoes, I wouldn't buy in this country, in fact I would suggest you use that degree and get around the world for a few years - working and gaining experience of life as you go.

High house prices may not be a good thing, but they are here to stay for the foreseeable future. Just consider that the doomsters saying 'its crashing' may just be wrong. After all, what do all the market surveys say, when you go to the EAs what do you see - yep, thought so, not much sign of a crash !

......Crash ? - not a snowballs chance in hell !!

IMupNorth. I cant keep up with you. You started off as a bear then you were a bull, then a bear again and now youre back to being a bull. lol.gif

Youre all over the place soft lad, though my money's on you being a bear again by the Autumn. roll.gif

But what about bringing out the old faithfull bear remark:

The higher it goes, the bigger the crash will be....... :rolleyes:

the title of this thread is pathetic....like the playground geek seeking approval from the school bully so he can join in his gang.

my advice to this scitso is..........have a word with yourself ! :blink:

IMupNorth. I cant keep up with you. You started off as a bear then you were a bull, then a bear again and now youre back to being a bull. lol.gif

Youre all over the place soft lad, though my money's on you being a bear again by the Autumn. roll.gif

Yes, its true I was a bear and a pretty strong and devout one at that, but I don't remember going through the bull, then a bear and back to a bull again phases.

If bullish means backing a soft landing, then I guess I must be. I don't see prices continuing to rise, but I don't see them crashing - a 3% fall per year is possible, 5% absolute tops. Equally a 3-5% rise is possible in my mind.

And if bullish means saying good luck to TTRTR then guilty as charged. Most of the venom directed at him seems to originate from jealousy on behalf of some of the mentalist bears.

And if bullish means saying good luck to TTRTR then guilty as charged. Most of the venom directed at him seems to originate from jealousy on behalf of some of the mentalist bears.

nothing to do with the fact that TTRTR comes to this website to gloat about his position to a bunch of people that due to their interest in this site are likely to be far less fortunate.

TTRTR is to me everything that is wrong with society today, greedy and selfish. Fair enough to do well for yourself but to rub it in peoples faces - just not very British

Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates

Not quite sure what the noise is, but i can definitely smell bullsh.t. :D

Guest Bart of Darkness

Hey IMupNorth, what's that noise?

It's the sound of you talking to yourself again. Are "you" and TTRTR like Two-Face in Batman, taking turns to be the dominant personality? Do you wake up as TTRTR not knowing that you've been posting as IMupNorth? If so, this must come as a bit of a shock to you!

It's the sound of you talking to yourself again. Are "you" and TTRTR like Two-Face in Batman, taking turns to be the dominant personality? Do you wake up as TTRTR not knowing that you've been posting as IMupNorth? If so, this must come as a bit of a shock to you!

doesn't our Webmaster check for multiple logins from IP addresses ?

wouldn't surprise me if TTRTR had about five on the go here.... :rolleyes:

Is that the best you kids can come up with? The number of times I've been accused of being someone else........ :blink:

Guest Bart of Darkness
Is that the best you kids can come up with? The number of times I've been accused of being someone else

Actually I was having a go at IMupNorth, but since you're the same person, it would be churlish to split hairs.

Well you either believe what you write or you don't. If you don't believe it, don't write it.

Hey ttrtr, good day for you today.

"trouble is you cannot polish a turd no matter how hard the VI try"

Keep up the good work

;)

Yes, its true I was a bear and a pretty strong and devout one at that, but I don't remember going through the bull, then a bear and back to a bull again phases.

If bullish means backing a soft landing, then I guess I must be. I don't see prices continuing to rise, but I don't see them crashing - a 3% fall per year is possible, 5% absolute tops. Equally a 3-5% rise is possible in my mind.

Forgive me but you sound terribly patronising, with your "I'm older than you and have been around a bit posts". I'm sure you have and so have I but that doesn't quite make me believe, as you seem to do, all the rubbish produced by vested interests.

I am also confused as to your yo yo movement between Bear and Bull. You also describe yourself as having being a "devout" bear. That's not actually terribly devout is it, if a few weeks later you are now a "devout" Bull. In fact that's the trouble with blind faith isn't it? You seem to believe in anything anyone tells you, simply because they are telling it.

Do you really have a DISCERNING view on anything, and do you have a fundamental POSITION, whereby you think something is acceptable or desirable? I ask because you don't appear to have any intrinsic position at all.

VP

These types of people are sheep, have little identity, and follow simplistic fads, they could be laggards when it comes to technology and seek thrills based upon nostalgic fantasies. Mood swings are prevalent typically with troughs and peaks that distinguish neurotic disorders commonly associated with bi-polar patients.

These types of people are sheep, have little identity, and follow simplistic fads, they could be laggards when it comes to technology and seek thrills based upon nostalgic fantasies. Mood swings are prevalent typically with troughs and peaks that distinguish neurotic disorders commonly associated with bi-polar patients.

Are you referring to IMupNorth or TTRTR ? Or both ?

I am also confused as to your yo yo movement between Bear and Bull.  You also describe yourself as having being a "devout" bear. That's not actually terribly devout is it, if a few weeks later you are now a "devout" Bull. In fact that's the trouble with blind faith isn't it? You seem to believe in anything anyone tells you, simply because they are telling it.

Do you really have a DISCERNING view on anything, and do you have a fundamental POSITION, whereby you think something is acceptable or desirable? I ask because you don't appear to have any intrinsic position at all.

VP

I thought bulls and bears were descriptions for people with differing views of economic futures, not adherents to competing ideologies or religious sects which require devotion.

This terminology and mud-slingling is profoundly silly - if, I suppose, harmless. Makes me silly for bothering to point it out.

I've noticed that internet forums seem to bring out the child in everyone - perhaps that's the appeal.