House Price Crash Forum
inspire

Rightmove Listings....

I periodically have a search in Rightmove for my area - within 5 miles radius.

I couldn't help but notice there is a difference in what I see now, compared to the past. It used to be the case that in that search I'd get shedloads of properties listed.

Not now.... what is listed is significantly less in number!!

So is it the EAs not putting the things on there, or noone selling at the moment?? I suspect the latter. Either way one thing - I ain't buying !

I periodically have a search in Rightmove for my area - within 5 miles radius.

I couldn't help but notice there is a difference in what I see now, compared to the past.  It used to be the case that in that search I'd get shedloads of properties listed.

So is it the EAs not putting the things on there, or noone selling at the moment??  I suspect the latter.  Either way one thing - I ain't buying !

Keep your eyes wide open, alot of them will be back at a different price.

The number for sale will drop as sellers give up. This is one of the reasons its forced sellers that make the market in these times (and times to come).

Its not because there all being bought, just being pulled off to try again later. You might see some come back on relativly soon because of the rate drop.

what is listed is significantly less in number!!

Same here in Bath. Odd. But I tend to agree with theChuz, it seems the chances are backing out of the market. Check out the graph. Quite a number bounce in Bath, there ws even a slight increase in sale prices according to Hometrack. Only other place to see a rise last month was Norwich. Kinda upset me, but hey, there would always be set backs on this bumpy road.

Bath_numbers_july.jpg

post-1956-1123187063_thumb.jpg

For those who have not noticed yet, Rightmove have introduced a "Sold Prices" menu tab onto their website. Similar to nethouseprices, it allows you to search the landreg figures for the last 5 years.

Having done a property search and identified the location of houses, it is then dead easy to flick between the menus to check the historical prices for the streets in question.

Worth doing, as it is a real eye opener as to the background of the folk who are trying it on at present. :rolleyes::lol:

With this option being open to the masses, more and more people should question why they should pay £150k for a place that sold for £50k a few years previously. ;)

So easy!!

Mr G Brown

The total number of properties for sale was about 450,000 not so very long ago, now it's nearer 650,000.

Clearly some of that consists of properties on with more than one EA - very popular these days, so a non scentific guess would be that there are maybe 500,000 properties on there.

I have however noticed this week in the case of buyers "trying it on" that the number of EAs listing that property has dropped.

E.g. a 4 bed detached for 420k (when there are plenty of better 5 beds for 335k, real value maybe 299k) which as been on there seemingly forever with 5 agents is now only on with one.

Likewise a 2 bed terrace on at 179k since the peak last year with 3 EAs is now only on with one EA. Still at 179k, in the meantime, similar properties are available for 159k. Chain free, by the way....

If they had sold I don't believe the EA would miss the chance to mark it as SOLD STC so I presume the EAs have eventually told the vendor where to go.

Guest rigsby II

I just don't see that, I see more and more, and whats more its the same old houses month after month...

Just like the classic 1960s film, The Time Machine, where the hero is in the conservatory pushing the lever forward through time and looking out the window.

Sun quickly arcing across the sky, leaves on trees, then no leaves, hot sunshine, then snow, then rain, hail, only the fashions on the shop window dummy change, days pass, years pass...

Is it not the case that, since the spring is well and truly over and we

are now into holiday season, many chancers will give up trying to

sell their house for a ridiculous figure and concentrate instead on

other things. ?

People who do not have to sell may wait until next spring.

E.g. a 4 bed detached for 420k (when there are plenty of better 5 beds for 335k, real value maybe 299k) which as been on there seemingly forever with 5 agents is now only on with one.

I noted a few like that in our area as well. Then the EA's giving them the boot and the chancer's walking as well I think we are getting down to the hard core who need to sell. I also noted that our market appears to behave counter intuatively in that prices rise when numbers rise! I guess rising numbers up for sell is a more accurate measure of activity at the moment!