House Price Crash Forum

Millionaires' Row 2009: Mansions For Unemployed Asylum Seekers

PontiusPig

HOLA441

Millionaires' Row 2009: How hundreds of families get luxury homes on benefits far beyond the means of most working people

Linky

Their magnificent townhouse overlooks a courtyard and is in one of the most expensive areas of London.

It has four storeys, six bedrooms (some with balconies), three sitting rooms and four bathrooms - as well as a concierge service.

The property is worth a cool £1.8 million and would cost you or me nearly £1,600 a week to rent.

So who do you think lives here. Is it: (a) a banker; (B) an MP fiddling expenses; or © an unemployed former asylum seeker and her family?

The last answer is the correct one.

Sorry but I have to say that there are plenty of empty industrial units/M.O.D. bases that could be turned into accomodation. Small secure living/sleeping areas for families with communal cooking and cleaning facilities. I think that security from the oppression they were suffering is more than enough of a gift (which it is) without this largesse.

Maybe this system could be expanded to include the never employed/contributed people who take the increasing view that they don't need to work coz Gordo will take care of them.

HOLA442

If the powers that be wanted to help refugees, they could spend that same £120,000 per annum to setup up camps for hundreds of families in their own impovershed countries. Where £120,000 goes a long, long way.

The clear goal is to help rich landlords get tenants.. and have the state cover the very high rent for the landlord. Even landlords not getting immigrants benefit because it reduces supply and drives up prices. Its a very clever scheme to transfer money from middle and working class people, to rich landowners.

It goes without saying, but the landlords are also privatizing the profits and socializing the losses. All the costs of educating those people's kids, healthcare for their whole family.. the problems that come with foreign cultures interacting with the local culture, etc.. all picked up by the taxpayer.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Oh god, I bet the editor of the Daily Heil *****ed him/herself into a coma when this photo landed on their desk

Be that as it may and whether the asylum seekers are black, white or blue 10 ft tall cat people,

The story is that they are living the life of Reilly off the backs of taxpayers who really cant afford this sort of sh it anymore!

Does that not bother you friend? Can you not see how unfair that is and how fcked up the system is to allow it. Why not ponder it when you turn out for work tomorrow morning in the cold and wet doing a job you possibly hate just so that some of that money can be gifted to them to keep their mansion warm while they roll out of bed midday, watch Jeremy Kyle and piss themselves laughing fit to burst at the moronic guardian reading liberal minority who have let this country and common sense sink to this level of fvckwitedness

HOLA447
HOLA448

So are you saying it is untrue?

Or are you saying that it is perfectly acceptable for this sort of thing to happen and the Daily Mail are wrong to report it?

And if you think it is perfectly acceptable, perhaps you could explain why.

:blink:

I think, like me, he's unsurprised that the Daily Mail reports such a story. Their stock in trade is envy.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Be that as it may and whether the asylum seekers are black, white or blue 10 ft tall cat people,

The story is that they are living the life of Reilly off the backs of taxpayers who really cant afford this sort of sh it anymore!

Does that not bother you friend? Can you not see how unfair that is and how fcked up the system is to allow it. Why not ponder it when you turn out for work tomorrow morning in the cold and wet doing a job you possibly hate just so that some of that money can be gifted to them to keep their mansion warm while they roll out of bed midday, watch Jeremy Kyle and piss themselves laughing fit to burst at the moronic guardian reading liberal minority who have let this country and common sense sink to this level of fvckwitedness

It's obvious. Whilst you're w4nking yourself into a lather over this, the Rothermeres of this world are sneaking out the back door of tax avoidance.

You're so busy shouting at me for not watching a few flies you miss the big game - which is exactly the way they want it.

Is there a light-bulb coming on yet?

HOLA4412

It's obvious. Whilst you're w4nking yourself into a lather over this, the Rothermeres of this world are sneaking out the back door of tax avoidance.

You're so busy shouting at me for not watching a few flies you miss the big game - which is exactly the way they want it.

Both these people and Google are taking the piss. Both of them piss me off

The incompetent head in the sand government thats let it happen while all they seek is personal glory as their countries Burn give me the vinegar strokes though

(Excuse shaky typing)

Hate Britain, Love Labour

HOLA4413
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Who's the lucky owner mortgagor of the house being bailed out by the government?

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

HOLA4414

I'd like to know how the Daily Mail got in there for that photo

Exactly what I thought when I saw the post - I opened it purely to see if I was proven right.

However, in around a million households this weekend, people will be tutting and reading this headline out to those around them. It will probably be the only thing from the papers this weekend that will stick.

However, if I take my sneering broadsheet-hat off for just a moment, we could view this type of story as being a microcosm of all that has happened with the explosion of state spending of the last decade. Tax-payers' money has become nothing more than a resource for social policy graduates to spend on their public sector pet projects.

Much as there has been a housing bubble, there has been a public sector bubble. For years we have shaken our heads in disgust as people where prepared astronomical sums for awful little flats in rough areas. In much the same way, public sector bods have got into a mind-set where they felt it was justified to pay thousands a week to house a single family. While these may be the extreme cases, it just gives a pretty massive clue to the type and extent of expenditure that is now considered justified in the public sector.

HOLA4415

20% of income tax is paid by 1% of tax payers. Around 50% of income tax is paid by 20% of tax payers. I should think that the amount of income tax avoided by the ex-pat types, as percentage of the pie, is pretty minimal. It is just something for the left to w4nk themselves off over.

The government took about £516m in tax receipts in 2007/8 tax year (the highest ever). How much do you think was avoided the "big game" in relation to this? The state's expenditure has ballooned to half the national GDP, and you are watching a few hundred million going out the door while missing the tens of billions squandered by the state.

You are so busy frothing at the mouth at bankers' bonuses and the like, you miss the big picture - which is exactly the way they want it.