House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
munimula

Bbc News This Morning

Did anyone see this. They mentioned that IR rates were likely to come down today and how this was to help encourage spending blah blah blah, then que estate agent;

This cut will mean people are £25 - £30 better off and now (prices) are realistic it is a good time for first time buyers to buy

I nearly choked on my crunchy nuts! 'Realistic' prices!

No mention of how this is probably a short term move and how the job of the BoE should be to control inflation which is already about to go above target and therefore long term rates can only go up. They quoted it is likely to save someone with a £100K mortgage £16 a month. I mean, what difference is that going to make to the economy!?

Edited by munimula

Did anyone see this. They mentioned that IR rates were likely to come down today and how this was to help encourage spending blah blah blah,  then que estate agent;

I nearly choked on my crunchy nuts! 'Realistic' prices!

No mention of how this is probably a short term move and how the job of the BoE should be to control inflation which is already about to go above target and therefore long term rates can only go up. They quoted it is likely to save someone with a £100K mortgage £16 a month. I mean, what difference is that going to make to the economy!?

Pig ignorant journalists swallowing what the VIs give them and not stopping to consider the still obscene unnaffordability... :blink:

I saw the IR stuff on BBC Breakfast and for the first time ever I'm thinking about complaining to the BBC's newswatch http://news.bbc.co.uk/newswatch/ukfs/hi/default.stm

The report quite simply put was not reporting but campaining for a cut in IRs, no balanced arguement. Person interviewed who would buy a house but no one saying it's houseprices not IRs that are the problem so I'm not buying. No mention about inflation being at it's highest for years and that is the job of the MPC controlling inflation.

Maybe there should be a big stream of complaints to the BBC about this, maybe with even a HPC member appearing on the Newswatch programme they show on News24.

If religious groups can do this about Jerry Springer we can do this about biased House price and economic reporting!

I now realise why I watch CNN for news reports!

Pig ignorant journalists swallowing what the VIs give them and not stopping to consider the still obscene unnaffordability...  :blink:

heh, i noticed a comment last night on channel 5 news mentioning how "the banks are preparing for rate cuts". I guess the housing market isnt so bad when you are earning £200k+ a year.

1.People £25-20 better off....

Untrue... the average is more like £12-15

2. "Relaistic prices"

Untrue ..... if prices were realistic, people would be paying them

3. "Good time for FTBs to buy"

Untrue..... there is simply no reason for FTB to buy now into

a falling market.... better to save up and watch

If an Estate Agent tells you it is quarter past three.... check your watch

If he/she says it is Wednesday ... check the calendar

3. "Good time for FTBs to buy"

Untrue..... there is simply no reason for FTB to buy now into

a falling market.... better to save up and watch

How inconsiderate of FTBs not to buy! What more can they ask for? ;)