• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Is there Global warming? - yes

Is it man-made? - probably not

Will there be tax increases on the basis of man-made Global warming - definitely

Will we get many new jobs in the UK as a result? - no, unless you count public servants and outsourcing managers

1 agreed

2 Agreed

3 Agreed

4 Rubbish, I just told you in my previous post. Anyway don't let the facts get in the way of an opinion.

HOLA443

Global warming/climate change is flim flam but at the route of this is to move away from an economy based on carbon. God was cruel when he handed out carbon resources he managed to put most of it under every despot tin pot nation in the world, you wanna rely on these 'partner's'?

Well said.

The more that the energy power is devolved the more control individuals have for themselves, and the less they can be held to ransom by those with evil intent.

The same can be said for many other forms of power besides energy - concentrating power in the hands of the few can be a very dangerous thing such as in the hands of religious zealots, bankers, politicians and music moguls.

That fuc.king programme is really a fractal of the Black Hole at the centre of each bright galaxy: Millions of anonymous stars, naively unaware of their own inherent capacity to bring light to a dark universe entirely by themselves, tragically distracted, in orbit and in awe, in the mistaken belief their only chance of being noticed and loved is through the merciless dark power that salivates over their destruction.

http://mail.colonial.net/~hkaiter/astronomyimagesB/spiral-galaxy.jpg

"My God! It's full of stars!"

Edited by Dave Spart

HOLA444

Going green is not only good for our energy security it is also good for our industry as a whole.

How can dramatically increasing costs be 'good for industry as a whole'?

If 'green tech' made economic sense we'd have adopted it years ago.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Its amazing how delusional our elites are.

elite

noun

hobnobbing with Southport's elite: best, pick, cream, crème de la crème, flower, nonpareil, elect; high society, jet set, beautiful people, beau monde, haut monde, glitterati; aristocracy, nobility, upper class. ANTONYMS dregs.

You know, "elite" just is not the right word for those 'in charge' today. I prefer the antonym......

HOLA447
HOLA448

why financial catastrophe if no deal? because no excuse to take more tax money from the slaves citizens?

otherwise i dont understand.

unless it is just a convenient excuse to use, might as well have said financial catastrophe if joe wins x-factor or financial catastrophe if emmerdale changes to channel 4.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Politics and science don't really go do they? I mean, I'll bet most of the climate sceptics wouldn't exist if they weren't told about it by pathological liars all the time whose agenda for the environment comes second to how they see it as a mammoth cash cow. Also, we all know that once politicians are involved, the science is insidiously warped to their primary agenda. I also wonder about those protesters. You just know that most of them are on the payroll of big industry VI lobbyists and not real people. Of course that is conjecture and anyhow, it wouldn't reach the mainstream news if it were true ;) I'm not a climate sceptic, apart from when I hear outlandish claims or see films like The Day After Tomorrow :lol: When it's proper science, it seems to make sense. I'm also dubious about this whole way they are trying to rush it through, as though they are trying to hustle us into a new world order before we have time to think about the consequences of their proposals. Without politics being involved, no doubt we would have a more measured, considered outcome than the one we are bound to get.

My 2 pence is all spent.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

This is hilarious...........I don't believe in MMGW but ffs :blink:

Carbon cycle: Sunshines - trees and wotnot photomasynthersieze and gobble up all that nasty carbon. Later we come along and chop down trees and burn old dead yins = more carbon in atmosphere = bid deal. Meringue?

Bird flu dries up and climate cobblers gains momentum for a bit until something better comes along.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091216/tuk-brown-to-make-plea-for-climate-deal-6323e80.html

Have a look at this..

Check out the second from last paragraph.

Is he a nutter or what?

And in a swipe at climate change deniers, he will tell delegates: "Hurricanes, floods, typhoons and droughts we have from time immemorial thought of as invisible acts of God we can see clearly now as the visible acts of man.

Words fail me...

HOLA4419
And in a swipe at climate change deniers, he will tell delegates: "Hurricanes, floods, typhoons and droughts we have from time immemorial thought of as invisible acts of God we can see clearly now as the visible acts of man.

Words fail me...

That is seriously worrying is it not? This man is in charge of the country apparently.

Wow! Just wow!

Deluded and desperate.

HOLA4420

That is seriously worrying is it not? This man is in charge of the country apparently.

Wow! Just wow!

Deluded and desperate.

Don't be silly. There were no such things as hurricanes, floods, typhoons or droughts before the genesis of mankind.

HOLA4421

Words fail me...

Wow! Just wow!

Deluded and desperate.

[jaw drop] i cannot believe he said that, must be misreporting, anyone got a video of this? its a massive colemanball if he actually said that, time immemorial did not commence with the industrial revolution so his speech writer needs sacking, major embarrassment to the educational system in this country too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_immemorial http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_Revolution http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot_(person)

council dweller, he has not actually said this yet it seems. he can still avoid it or put a spin on that what he means is now man has the chance to ensure he does not become the reason for such things ;)

Edited by loginandtonic

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
“We’re calling it Constipagen because the line’s not moving and the talks are not moving,” said Jasmine Hyman, who works for the Geneva-based Gold standard Foundation that certifies carbon offsets. She said it took her eight hours to get in.

No VI there then.

HOLA4424

[jaw drop] i cannot believe he said that, must be misreporting

It was misreported. Here's what he's really going to say -

And in a swipe at climate change deniers, he will tell delegates: "Hurricanes, floods, typhoons and droughts we have from time immemorial thought of as invisible acts of God we can see clearly now as the visible acts of man hard-working families.

HOLA4425