House Price Crash Forum

Are British Govt Ministers Subject To Mental Health Assessments

loginandtonic

Are ministers who have responsibility for the stability + welfare of the united kingdom + population subject to routine mental health assessments before taking office + at regular intervals during their holding positions?

if not, why not?

possibly it should be extended to MPs also.

the BMA or whoever supervises mental health should appoint a constantly changing panel of mental health professionals to examine those who run the country regularly, a panel of at least 6 should sit with each minister + make an assessment.

a bus driver has to be health screened in case they get ill at the wheel + injure 50 people.

a minister who has his hands on the launch a war button or launch a fiscal meltodown button has no such checks?

a massive oversight then.

Problem is mental health and psychological assessment is not an exact science, it is less exact that telling a bus driver to read letters off a board etc.

This is a good thing in that Labour for nearly a decade has attempted to change the mental health bills so that anybody can be sectioned under the mental health acts the Lords keeps throwing it out though.

Problem is mental health and psychological assessment is not an exact science, it is less exact that telling a bus driver to read letters off a board etc.

This is a good thing in that Labour for nearly a decade has attempted to change the mental health bills so that anybody can be sectioned under the mental health acts the Lords keeps throwing it out though.

but thats the point of a panel of at least 6 who dont work together regularly + are free to vote sane or insane for each patient minister

section under the MHA should never be done lightly, one must never take anyone's freedom/liberty away be it by arrest, detention or MHA, unless we are very very sure. for MHA, i would like to see a panel of 6+

Are ministers who have responsibility for the stability + welfare of the united kingdom + population subject to routine mental health assessments before taking office + at regular intervals during their holding positions?

if not, why not?

possibly it should be extended to MPs also.

the BMA or whoever supervises mental health should appoint a constantly changing panel of mental health professionals to examine those who run the country regularly, a panel of at least 6 should sit with each minister + make an assessment.

a bus driver has to be health screened in case they get ill at the wheel + injure 50 people.

a minister who has his hands on the launch a war button or launch a fiscal meltodown button has no such checks?

a massive oversight then.

I would suggest the Royal College of Psychiatrists.

I would suggest the Royal College of Psychiatrists.

thats the one! :)

perhaps each minister should be examined individually by a psychiatrist who then anonymously votes, at least 4 of the 6 have to vote sane or further testing has to be undergone. perhaps i am being too generous and all 6 of the panel should vote sane. if even one votes barking it could be a worry

of course it could then be said that they should also be psychometrically tested to make sure they put the country before personal political ambitions, but i suspect they'd probably find a way of fooling the tester

Archived