House Price Crash Forum

Seller Alters Car To Make It More Appealing To Heterosexual Men

loginandtonic

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-HONDA-CIVIC-SE-I-VTEC-EXECUTIVE-GREEN_W0QQitemZ280432100036QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item414b0e42c4

HONDA CIVIC 1.6 SE I-VTEC EXECUTIVE

Desperate recessionary times call for desperate measures:

7 MONTHS MOT

FULL SERVICE HISTORY

LEATHER INTERIOR

HEATED SEATS

ELECTRIC SUNROOF

ELECTRIC WINDOWS

ELECTRIC HEATED SIDE MIRRORS

AIR CONDITION (VERY COLD!)

CAMP BELT CHANGED AT 84,000K

EVERYTHING WORKING PERFECTLY

MINT CONDITION INSIDE AND OUT.

ALL 5 TYRES ARE AS NEW

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item414b0e42c4

HONDA CIVIC 1.6 SE I-VTEC EXECUTIVE

Desperate recessionary times call for desperate measures:

7 MONTHS MOT

FULL SERVICE HISTORY

LEATHER INTERIOR

HEATED SEATS

ELECTRIC SUNROOF

ELECTRIC WINDOWS

ELECTRIC HEATED SIDE MIRRORS

AIR CONDITION (VERY COLD!)

CAMP BELT CHANGED AT 84,000K

EVERYTHING WORKING PERFECTLY

MINT CONDITION INSIDE AND OUT.

ALL 5 TYRES ARE AS NEW

:D This is the exact make, model and colour of my 83-year-old mother's car! How appealing is that?:blink:

You've just undone all that hard work in de-homophicationing the seller did! Now it's just little old ladies and very nice boys who'll buy it :rolleyes:

:D

i know about the image problem - its going to really finish off my chances with the opposite sex. but what the hell - the service intervals are 12,000 miles !*

* shorter for diesel

A really good car to drive. And very economical to run. I borrow it at every opportunity as a change from the Landcruiser.:)

They are good cars.

I dont understand the badge snobbery that goes on in this country.

Brands (and car marques) are a way for people who are incapable of disinterested assessment of value to feel good about being ripped-off.

Brands (and car marques) are a way for people who are incapable of disinterested assessment of value to feel good about being ripped-off.

The strange thing is the way some car marques have prestige in this country and others have the opposite, yet there is often an inverse correlation between prestige and quality and reliability.

For eg. loads of people rate golfs most highly while sneering at toyotas and hondas. I dont know why. Golfs are awful things while toyotas and hondas have probably the best reliability out there. Same with a Range Rover versus a Kia Sedona. People laugh at Kias but I'll wager you'll have loads more trouble with a range rover than any kia.

The strange thing is the way some car marques have prestige in this country and others have the opposite, yet there is often an inverse correlation between prestige and quality and reliability.

For eg. loads of people rate golfs most highly while sneering at toyotas and hondas. I dont know why. Golfs are awful things while toyotas and hondas have probably the best reliability out there. Same with a Range Rover versus a Kia Sedona. People laugh at Kias but I'll wager you'll have loads more trouble with a range rover than any kia.

Its because years ago manufacturers realised that for Honda, Mercedes , BMW Toyota etc, people would only pay a bit more for a more reliable car than they would for an unreliable car, hence the reliability and workman ship went down, Mercedes used to be excellent, but judging by the way I fix more mercedes than other cars for bits that rust through or some wiring (I fix cars as a side line) the quality has been allowed to laspe significantly.

No doubt that they are, but £2k for a standard petrol motor with 145k on the clock?

Totally agree. It looks in aesthetically good condition, but at 145k miles, big ticket parts (e.g. wheel bearings, the radiator, wishbones, coolant pump etc.) will wear out and need replacing before too long. And I don't know what the recommended cambelt interval is on one of those, but on all the cars I've owned it's been between 60-80k. In other words, it's coming up to needing another belt.

At £1,500 and assuming the body is rust-free, I might be interested in something like that, but for something eight years old and with 145k miles on the clock, over £2k for a bogstandard mass-production car is too high. I paid £2,100 for my Fiesta, which at the time I bought it was six years old and with only 23k miles on the clock (genuine: it had lived on the Isle of Man for most of its life and was used as a second car: I checked with the garage that had serviced it).

Archived