House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iamconfusedagain

Banned From C4 Forum

I was banned from the property forum. I being really restrained but I got banned after I posted a link to firsttimebuyerhelp. Is it just me as there are hardly any crash comments on there at the moment. Has anyone else had trouble?

It was rubbish anyway

I was banned from the property forum. I being really restrained but I got banned after I posted a link to firsttimebuyerhelp.  Is it just me as there are hardly any crash comments on there at the moment. Has anyone else had trouble?

It was rubbish anyway

iamconfusedagain

Can you post the link for the C4. I will register and post the link to firsttimebuyerhelp.

Guest uberstuka
iamconfusedagain

Can you post the link for the C4. I will register and post the link to firsttimebuyerhelp.

Yeah, me too. And I think we all should. :)

iamconfusedagain

This was the thread. I was just saying the longer you wait the better... to Harleen who asked whether to wait to buy.

http://community.channel4.com/groupee/foru.../2950052072/p/3

thanks dog and uberstuka

I was banned from the property forum. I being really restrained but I got banned after I posted a link to firsttimebuyerhelp.  Is it just me as there are hardly any crash comments on there at the moment. Has anyone else had trouble?

It was rubbish anyway

welcome to the rapidly growing club

welcome to the rapidly growing club

lots of HPC members seem to be getting banned lately for trival reasons

VI and Bulls must be thinking that we are a threat or that we speak a truth they don't want to hear.

before we where just a bunch of doom and gloom lunatics

now we are being proved correct and they don't like.

wonder if any of our other predictions are spot on

Edited by Kam

lots of HPC members seem to be getting banned lately for trival reasons

VI and Bulls must be thinking that we are a threat or that we speak a truth they don't want to hear.

before we where just a bunch of doom and gloom lunatics

now we are being proved correct and they don't like.

wonder if any of our other predictions are spot on

There are a couple of members who wind up the people on that site, I am watching to see if their posts are removed. Someone has posted a link to the HPC I am wondering how long it will remain on the forum.

I think "Estate agent" may get in trouble even though he is pretty reasonable.

I have managed to re-register, so will wait for a good topic and post some good links :lol:

Dog posted a link to first time buyer help it lasted about 20 mins

Mine lasted about 30 seconds!

I think the HPC link is gone too.

Someone asks "should I buy yet", but only answers that say "yes buy now" do not get deleted.

Where does it say in thei terms and conditions-- DONT MENTION A FALL IN PRICES

I feel sorry for ftb's that go there for their advice

I did an experiment and posted four non controversial posts. Two of them contained a link to the firsttimebuyer pamphlet. These were immediately removed. Of the second two, one was removed and one remains. The guys on the site are also complaining about obsessive censorship. From what I can see, bad news about the housing market is being heavily censored.

It is amazing that a broadcasting company (I assume C4 owns the website) can adopt practices which are the very antithesis of good journalism.

I had a post removed. It suggested googling for "house price discussion" in response to a request for pricing information. Hardly controversial but that exact search did result in a few sites bearing "bad" news about the market (including HPC at position number 1).

Any negative information gets removed.

I had a post removed. It suggested googling for "house price discussion" in response to a request for pricing information. Hardly controversial but that exact search did result in a few sites bearing "bad" news about the market (including HPC at position number 1).

Any negative information gets removed.

Maybe Krusty is a mod on C4,

when the Media censors the peoples opinion, the world has gone wrong.

I've been banned twice, the last time I had two posts removed and all they both said was " really how interesting" in reply to other posts blatently attempting to ramp up the market.

public forum ...my ****....its sole purpose is to present a one sided debate that supports the lie of ever increasing house price appreciation.

Ok let's see how long this lasts. I suspect not very long. I never go onto other forums to antagonise and I genuinely have been helpful over there (or tried to be). It will be interesting to see whether the mere mention of HPC gets it/me removed. However it was only in response to a poster mentioning I was from HPC first.

I believe we should be aware of how we make HPC look when posting on other forums and I never try to troll, etc. I am genuinely interested in what people think about the housing market:

Actually it's an interesting point that you say "(sorry HPC)" as if it's something that has suddenly been discovered about me. Indeed I am a member of the HPC forum. I have the same forum name there and here so I am not hiding that in any way.

I happen to be one of the more moderate people from there, in that I believe there will be house price falls but I don't know whether it will be a crash (sharp and sudden) or slow and prolonged (ie stagnant).

Does that make me in any sense "one of them" or "from over there"? Not at all. I happen to be a member of many forums, HPC included and C4 included. So in many ways it could equally be argued that I'm "from that C4 forum" as I am a member here now.

I am particularly interested in property forums because of what I personally think will happen in the market. Therefore I seek out anything where information can be gleaned on this - either direct statistics or even just buyers/sellers sentiment. It's a little like buying a car - I'd look into reviews, investigate pricesm etc. A house is such a massive purchase that it would be foolhardy to do to otherwise.

I have deliberately not mentioned the full HPC name because that seems to be particularly sensitive around here. I have no idea why.

Regards.

Edited by Portent