House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
busta move

When Can We Say "i Told You So"?

The majority of people here think that there is going to be a house price crash in the next few years.

Some of us even think it's starting to happen now.

Many of the topics here seem to argue as to what exactly defines a crash. I've seen posts where people seem to think that 5-10% a year is not a crash but that seems pretty "crashy" to me.

What will be the final straw that makes even the biggest bull admit that we're having/have had a crash?

Does it take for Kirsty to admit it on prime-time TV? How about a "We're having a crash" style headline on the 6 O'clock news?

The majority of people here think that there is going to be a house price crash in the next few years.

Some of us even think it's starting to happen now.

Many of the topics here seem to argue as to what exactly defines a crash. I've seen posts where people seem to think that 5-10% a year is not a crash but that seems pretty "crashy" to me.

What will be the final straw that makes even the biggest bull admit that we're having/have had a crash?

Does it take for Kirsty to admit it on prime-time TV? How about a "We're having a crash" style headline on the 6 O'clock news?

How about Hometrack reporting 13 straight monthly falls?

How about Hometrack reporting 13 straight monthly falls?

Quite!

As I said, some of us think it's happening already. I'm just amazed at how people don't accept it.

Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates

I don't see many of the bulls on this forum changing their tune much as most of them are VIs in one way or another, either heavily in to buy-to-let or EAs. I feel most of them won't change their views because they've got no option other than to talk up the housing market. They'll probably just disappear from the forum once they've gone skint. :unsure:

Its only a crash when its mentioned in 'history' and used in this sentence:

"Prices won't crash today like they did in the 2005-2008. Its different this time!"

(The above quotation is taken from Krusty's (Kirsty, Katherine, P Diddy - whatever her name is) unborn daughter)

Does anyone know when the last crash was fully accepted by the masses? E.g. when prices were down 10% YOY??? And what year?

Does it take for Kirsty to admit it on prime-time TV?

Over the next 2-3 years Kirsty Allsop will disappear completely from TV, radio, the web, book publishing and print media. In five years time nobody will remember who she was, except perhaps in some kind of special interest nostalgic retrospective on "those crazy boom years".

When you say "Kirsty Allsop" to a TV watcher, and they say "who?" then you are probably near the bottom of the market.

frugalista

Guest Bart of Darkness

When Can We Say "i Told You So"?, When will bulls be forced to conceed?

Ten years after the fact (when everyone has forgotten what their opinions were at the time).

TTRTR: "Of course I knew there was going to be a crash, I often posted on HPC saying so but no one would listen. The fools."

Krusty: "Only a fool could have failed to see that a recession was on the way. I kept quiet simply to avoid making things worse. The fools."

Gordon Brown: "The media were totally against me, I tried to stop the crash but no one listened. It's all the MPC's fault anyway. The fools."

I don't see many of the bulls on this forum changing their tune much as most of them are VIs in one way or another, either heavily in to buy-to-let or EAs.  I feel most of them won't change their views because they've got no option other than to talk up the housing market.  They'll probably just disappear from the forum once they've gone skint.      :unsure:

It reminds me a bit of the Iraqi Minister For Information during the war:

"No the Americans have not invaded Bagdad, We are in complete control of the city" - As you could here the gunfire a block away and see buildings on fire over his shoulder.

Classic!