House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Space Cadet

Anecdotal

I was just sending a fax in the reception area at work and happened to over hear a conversation involving one of the office juniors. Office Junior sat there looking at something on internet, another colleague walks past -

Q "What are you buying/looking for"

A "My bf has just brought a house, and is doing it up to sell on, and i'm looking for some furniture. He's going to do up 2 or 3 before buying his own, and has given up his job to do it..."

I kept my mouth shut as she's a nice girl and dont really know the boyfriend, plus hes already brought the house, but couldn't help thinking he will probably be alot poorer by the time he comes to sell it than he is at the moment. Poor fool...

girl I work with has been trying to sell her 2 bed terraced house in a naff part of leamington spa for the last 3 months. On the market for 150k, she paid about 80k 2 and a half years ago.

Came in today to say it's sold.....to a BTL'r. Looks like there's still a few idiots around with more (borrowed) money than sense :rolleyes:

Still, it ain't sold till she's got the money in her account, and I fully expect the buyer to pull out before contracts are exchanged.

She's happy though as she's "a much more attractive buyer" for the over-priced house she was hoping to buy.