House Price Crash Forum

The Economy Is Being Rebuilt On Sand. (Vince Cable)

He has a bit of the academic about him.

Strong on diagnosis of problems, much weaker on solutions.

He wet all limp when the time to provide some real solutions came about.

Total waste of space now, shot his bolt and missed the target completely.

Edited by OnlyMe

That this budget is a pre-election 'bribe' is completely transparent. Very little substance - but then, is anyone surprised? We've had 12 years of no substance and little tricks, why should new Labour's final year be any different...

+1

He has a bit of the academic about him.

Strong on diagnosis of problems, much weaker on solutions.

probably +1

yep he spotted the debt bubble - not that it was hard to spot

he doesnt have all the answers though - but he does appear the best of the mainstream in the UK (not that difficult i know)

+1

He wet all limp when the time to provide some real solutions came about.

Total waste of space now, shot his bolt and missed the target completely.

i can see your point there too, but i still think the rebuilt on sand is the best summary as far as i can tell

yep he spotted the debt bubble - not that it was hard to spot

he doesnt have all the answers though - but he does appear the best of the mainstream in the UK (not that difficult i know)

All politicians tend to spin the harshness of everything in order to keep the populus from crapping themselves or culling the crap in charge. We need a truth drug slipped into the Parliament coffee machine, that'd be fun.

I actually thought Osborne(the tosser)'s performance wasn't bad.

The only recommendation I would make to the Tories is not to laugh and joke as they score funny points. Hague made that error - that if you tie the opposition in knots with your wit, that you would win the election.

No. They need to show real anger, consistently, for the parlous state of this country and its finances and morals. The electorate would respect that.

good point actually, drop them a line with that CAMEROND @ parliament.uk - although a hung wouldnt surprise me if the pre-election bribes help for hard working families keep coming, i'm thinking of asking gordon for a honda accord myself

Never trust a Labour government with your money - Osborne

We've got an election manifesto - Cable

cant argue with any of that, time mr brown did the decent thing + gave the keys back to the policeman outside the door.

And why trust Toff Osborne? A man, let us remember, who cannot keep a confidence, let alone a grip on public finances. Just how does a man who has only ever moved in the Tatler and canapes circle understand the problems of the majority of us?

And dear old Vince talks a good agenda but I would no more ask him to manage the economy than I would ask him to fix my car.

We all know that the keys to Number 10 will have to be pulled from Gordon's hand. Who's big enough to do that? Weasley David? It is not a done deal.

Guest absolutezero

And why trust Toff Osborne? A man, let us remember, who cannot keep a confidence, let alone a grip on public finances. Just how does a man who has only ever moved in the Tatler and canapes circle understand the problems of the majority of us?

And dear old Vince talks a good agenda but I would no more ask him to manage the economy than I would ask him to fix my car.

We all know that the keys to Number 10 will have to be pulled from Gordon's hand. Who's big enough to do that? Weasley David? It is not a done deal.

It's definitely not a done deal.

There's a lot of people in this country who either don't trust the Tories or they remember it from last time round and can't bring themselves to put a X in the Tory box.

I'm expecting a small Labour majority in the General Election.

One can barely comprehend how poor the choices are for the British people. Osborne is a snake. It's obvious. I'd sooner have Alastair Darling running the place.

It's definitely not a done deal.

There's a lot of people in this country who either don't trust the Tories or they remember it from last time round and can't bring themselves to put a X in the Tory box.

A few could just stay home and not bother voting.

The patient is dying of chronic alcohol poisoning. She has hours left to live.

Gordon and Alistair have her propped up in bed with a ginger wig on, and have just wedged a shot of whisky in her left hand and sellotaped a party blower to her mouth.

David and George think the wig is a step too far.

:lol::lol: Great post Durch.

I actually thought Osborne(the tosser)'s performance wasn't bad.

The only recommendation I would make to the Tories is not to laugh and joke as they score funny points. Hague made that error - that if you tie the opposition in knots with your wit, that you would win the election.

No. They need to show real anger, consistently, for the parlous state of this country and its finances and morals. The electorate would respect that.

Yes, but they may be angling to lose the election?