House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest consa

Shanghai's Real Estate Prices Fall Significantly

Guest consa

Good morning!!! :lol:

Shanghai's real estate prices fall significantly with close to 50% drop in some areas -claim

Shanghai. June 16, 2005. INTERFAX-CHINA -Property prices have dropped in Shanghai, the most active property market in China, as government measures such as raising taxes and restrictions on sales begin to be felt.

Statistics compiled by an official website show that last week (May 31-June 6) prices for Shanghai residential properties were down an average 18.5% to RMB 6228 (USD 752.17) a square meter from the previous week..

The statistics are compiled by eHomeday (www.ehomeday.com), the official website registering Shanghai's property market transactions. The biggest fall in residential sales was in Pudong New Area, which registered an average decline of 49.3% in the week.

http://chinese-school.netfirms.com/abacus-...ghai-China.html

The Chinese will not let Real Estate screw up their real economy.

Compare and contrast with the US/UK, it is actively encouraged to do so.

I think the main reason is because the Shanghai government have recently stopped people purchsing second homes in Shanghai. I understand that alot of people have been buying up many apartements, then flipping them as prices have been rising. Obviously this has priced people, who need a home to live in, out of the market. And, yes, the government will not let it get to bubble proportions, and have the ability to make a rule on a Friday, which comes into effect the following Monday.

Sure, especially as Shanghai's economy is almost perfoming too well, which means that other regions in China do not get the same level of investment. So, there is a push for more investment away from the coastal seaboard (Shanghai down to Guanzhou), and more into central China, where GDP per capita is still very low ($60/month is normal). So, expect to see more of this government engineering on the coast come into play.

Good morning!!!  :lol:

Shanghai's real estate prices fall significantly with close to 50% drop in some areas -claim

Shanghai. June 16, 2005. INTERFAX-CHINA -Property prices have dropped in Shanghai, the most active property market in China, as government measures such as raising taxes and restrictions on sales begin to be felt.

Statistics compiled by an official website show that last week (May 31-June 6) prices for Shanghai residential properties were down an average 18.5% to RMB 6228 (USD 752.17) a square meter from the previous week..

The statistics are compiled by eHomeday (www.ehomeday.com), the official website registering Shanghai's property market transactions. The biggest fall in residential sales was in Pudong New Area, which registered an average decline of 49.3% in the week.

http://chinese-school.netfirms.com/abacus-...ghai-China.html

Yes but, Shanghai's is not Uk is it?

I strongly beleive in the crash but we need to be realistic, for the moment it tend to go down, and I beleive in a at least 30% decrease but no real idea about the timing. I doubt in the current setting to see Shanghai's scenario here. Do you?

Yes but, Shanghai's is not Uk is it?

I strongly beleive in the crash but we need to be realistic, for the moment it tend to go down, and I beleive in a at least 30% decrease but no real idea about the timing. I doubt in the current setting to see Shanghai's scenario here. Do you?

I'm not looking at the Shanghai move as an indicator of what might happen to the UK market I think there are far more important considerations to be made and questions to be asked.

China's economy is booming, they are trading their way into prosperity, we on the other hand are borrowing our way into malaise, investment is suffering, jobs are being lost through high costs and we are becoming economically weak and in some sectors economically unviable,