HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

who are these women at the party + have i paid for them aswell out of my tax money? thats nice of me. and is that a used contraceptive on the floor?

BoE MPC I think. That blonde looks like a definite interest rate hawk to me.

Edited by Cogs

HOLA4413

850 billion? Who, what, from where does this figure come?

QE is, depending on which figures you believe, somewhere between 175 billion and 225 billion. There is a huge leap from there to 850 billion!

Would love to know more about the details behind this 850 billion?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/163850bn-official-cost-of-the-bank-bailout-1833830.html

£850bn: official cost of the bank bailout

By Andrew Grice, Political Editor

Friday, 4 December 2009

Government support for Britain's banks has reached a staggering £850bn and the eventual cost to taxpayers will not be known for years, the public spending watchdog says today.

The National Audit Office (NAO) revealed that £107m will be paid to City advisers called in to work on the rescue because the Treasury was too "stretched" to cope with the sudden financial crisis which broke in the autumn of last year........[/u]

HOLA4414

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/163850bn-official-cost-of-the-bank-bailout-1833830.html

How to spend £850bn bailing out the banks... and £107.1m on financial advice

£76bn To purchase shares in RBS and Lloyds Banking Group

£200bn Indemnify Bank of England against losses incurred in providing over £200bn of liquidity support

£250bn Guarantee wholesale borrowing by banks to strengthen liquidity in the banking system

£40bn Provide loans and other funding to Bradford & Bingley and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme

£280bn Agree in principle to provide insurance for selection of bank assets

£671bn Total Government spending in the financial year 2009-2010

£32.9m Slaughter & May - Commercial legal advice

£15.4m Credit Suisse - Financial advice on a range of measures, including Bank Recapitalisation and the Asset Protection Scheme

£11.3m PricewaterhouseCoopers - Advice on APS

£8.7m Ernst & Young - Due diligence on APS, Northern Rock

£7.7m KPMG - Due diligence on APS

£7.4m Blackrock - Valuation advice on APS

£5.3m Deutsche Bank - Financial advice on a range of measures

£5m Citi Financial - Advice on Aps

£4.9m BDO Stoy Hayward - Valuation of Northern Rock

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

£76bn To purchase shares in RBS and Lloyds Banking Group

£200bn Indemnify Bank of England against losses incurred in providing over £200bn of liquidity support

£250bn Guarantee wholesale borrowing by banks to strengthen liquidity in the banking system

£40bn Provide loans and other funding to Bradford & Bingley and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme

£280bn Agree in principle to provide insurance for selection of bank assets

= 846bn

+ £671bn Total Government spending in the financial year 2009-2010

= £1.5 trillion+

stock-photo--d-render-of-a-shocked-baby-with-his-eyes-popping-out-986761.jpg

or am i calculating that wrong?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

:lol:  I love the pic the Daily Mail used to represent bankers

article-1233088-03440A950000044D-499_224x378.jpg

Meanwhile the hard working families of Britain look on...

article-1233088-0776A1BC000005DC-984_224x378.jpg

that banker + his wife, they look worried.

the hard working family man smiling there is blissfully unaware that thanks to the bankers he soon wont be able to drink that Moet quite so freely, probably just a glass a day from next week

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

that banker + his wife, they look worried.

the hard working family man smiling there is blissfully unaware that thanks to the bankers he soon wont be able to drink that Moet quite so freely, probably just a glass a day from next week

You have clearly misinterpreted the message therefore I must correct you. The hard-working family man is the banker's chauffeur, and is sneakily taking a sip of his boss's Moet whilst revelling in his sneakiness. Unbeknownst to the hard-working family man, his boss has just finished sneakily shafting the hard-working family man's wife in the very hotel that he is parked outside of, sneakily drinking his boss's Moet.

Obviously the Mail is trying to say, erm... don't try to get one over the bankers cos they'll double-cross you, or something like that :unsure:

Edited by RajD

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Most of it is just guarantees and insurance of which they are obviously being paid a lot for, hence the reason Lloyds pulled out.

Think the major spend is on RBS and LLoyds and the government now owns a substantial part of these and will hope to recoup the money at a later date.

HOLA4424

were my calcs right or not - £1.5tn ?

Nope.

You forgot all the off balance sheet PFI stuff.

That has also had a bailout, despite the whole purpose of PFI being to 'shift the risk' to private investors. Turns out to just cost us 2-5 times as much in the long run :angry:

HOLA4425