House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to raise the rents.

Another Gen Of Whining Tenants

I guess you must just have a wacky sense of humour

Sadly not.

TTRTR's posts have become much less pleasant of late; look at his title for this thread. I put it down to his vulnerability in a sliding property market, so perhaps we should make allowance for the bitterness that is now emerging in his posts.

I think its all put on. I doubt he even has any properties. I think he's probably a tramp. We had a tramp in our town called 'odd welly'.

He's probably aquired the name as 'time to raise the bench' and over time this has been wispered down to ttrtr.

I think its all put on. I doubt he even has any properties

I think he does own property, but he's a difficult man to read. He is either small fry or much bigger and hideously exposed financially; it's probably the former.

Talk of 'opening a bottle of vintage champagne' is rather worrying. A compelling need to impress is often a sign of deep rooted insecurity.

I think he does own property, but he's a difficult man to read. He is either small fry or much bigger and hideously exposed financially.

Talk of 'opening a bottle of vintage champagne' is rather worrying. A compelling need to impress is often a sign of deep rooted insecurity.

Yes, but you can get a bottle of Vintage Champagne from Tesco for under £25. <_<

Yes, but you can get a bottle of Vintage Champagne from Tesco for under £25.

True. But try Sainsbury's best for around £11. I am told the Duke of Marlborough serves this up as 'vintage' (the bottle being suitably disguised by the Butler of course).

For clarity, since I seem to need to justify myself again, my post is here to point out that we reap what we sow.

When these teenagers hit their late 20's & realised what's just passed them by, how many do you think will blame themselves for their position in the world? Not many I'm sure, they'll direct their anger at people more successfull than they are, but most won't realise that it could have been them, had they planted the right seeds when they were younger.

For clarity, since I seem to need to justify myself again, my post is here to point out that we reap what we sow.

When these teenagers hit their late 20's & realised what's just passed them by, how many do you think will blame themselves for their position in the world? Not many I'm sure, they'll direct their anger at people more successfull than they are, but most won't realise that it could have been them, had they planted the right seeds when they were younger.

Let me get this straight, are you saying that every young person in this country can be a success(however, you define that, actually out of interest, how do YOU define success?) and financially independent if they put the effort in? Every single one of them? How would that work then? Serious question BTW.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Another Gen Of Whining Tenants, on the way?

Nah, they have granny`s inheritance to come, and then their parents, they have already worked it out. No future tenants for you there TTRTR :D

Let me get this straight, are you saying that every young person in this country can be a success(however, you define that, actually out of interest, how do YOU define success?) and financially independent if they put the effort in? Every single one of them? How would that work then? Serious question BTW.

There's success and failure (and mediocrity) in every aspect of life. In the financial aspect of life, yes I define success as being financially independant, do you?

Also, do you believe that they can't all be successful, no matter how much effort they put in?

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Not all of them of course, just the ones that don't snap out of it.

Well we have five thousand on the loose just in my town Friday and Saturday night. :angry:

If everyone was to be successful then the success measure would be raised and people would not be considerd successful. You always need something to compare it to.

Couple of folks questioning TTRTR's mentality at present, he is forfilling the role that has been shaped by us to a degree.

There's success and failure (and mediocrity) in every aspect of life. In the financial aspect of life, yes I define success as being financially independant, do you?

Also, do you believe that they can't all be successful, no matter how much effort they put in?

Yes, they can all be successful, but their definition of success may not be the same as someone else. I define success as leading a satisfying, productive life, in which we touch the lives of others in a positive way. Yes, I know that sounds a bit wishy washy pinko liberal, but there you have it, I'm a bit altruistic.

Financial success? You know what, I've never really thought about that. The pursuit of money doesn't motivate me. I've always followed the path that I thought would be most interesting and fulfilling for me. You know what, throughout all my life money has never been a worry (and no, I don't have wealthy parents).

Yes, they can all be successful, but their definition of success may not be the same as someone else. I define success as leading a satisfying, productive life, in which we touch the lives of others in a positive way. Yes, I know that sounds a bit wishy washy pinko liberal, but there you have it, I'm a bit altruistic.

But how do you measure the success of a productive life? Money is a way to measure it?

Financial success? You know what, I've never really thought about that. The pursuit of money doesn't motivate me. I've always followed the path that I thought would be most interesting and fulfilling for me. You know what, throughout all my life money has never been a worry (and no, I don't have wealthy parents).

That's what my Auntie said. She believed in communism & paid for it. She now lives in a caravan & is unemployable. :(

Money isn't everything, but it's certainly important.

Couple of folks questioning TTRTR's mentality at present, he is forfilling the role that has been shaped by us to a degree.

Good luck to him I say.

Despite my earlier comments he is the one remaining Bull who has the courage to show his face on this forum (the rest have wilted under the onslaught). Hitherto he always generated good debate which is a healthy need on this very one-sided forum.

But now the vitriole is emerging and it's out of character.

But how do you measure the success of a productive life? Money is a way to measure it?

That's what my Auntie said. She believed in communism & paid for it. She now lives in a caravan & is unemployable.  :(

Money isn't everything, but it's certainly important.

It's interesting, I was just replying to your question, not having a dig at you, telling you what my philosophy is. The tone of your reply has an antagonistic edge to it, as though you feel I was attacking you with my comments, and you had to come back with a put down. This is a theme that runs through your posts on here. There are some very thoughtful, gentlemanly posters on here(I'm thinking about Bubb and Charlie, in particular), and I've seen you come back with some ascerbic comments to perfectly reasonable posts. Why do you feel the need to relate to people in this way?

It's interesting, I was just replying to your question, not having a dig at you, telling you what my philosophy is. The tone of your reply has an antagonistic edge to it, as though you feel I was attacking you with my comments, and you had to come back with a put down. This is a theme that runs through your posts on here. There are some very thoughtful, gentlemanly posters on here(I'm thinking about Bubb and Charlie, in particular), and I've seen you come back with some ascerbic comments to perfectly reasonable posts. Why do you feel the need to relate to people in this way?

You got me all wrong there. Its my abrasive sense of humour coming out & I'd be the first to agree that it isn't always obvious.

Guest wrongmove
And certainly the number of pints swallowed or the first person to spu or how broke I am because I drank myself silly over the weekend isn't much of a measure of success......

No, it's the last person to spu, silly !