House Price Crash Forum

What's Happening In Oz And Holland?

HOLA441

Hi,

Remember aout 18-24 months ago alot of EA's, VI's, BoE, etc., were saying how the Australian and Dutch property experiences showed how a softlanding was the outcome of all this. I haven't seen or heard anything more about these countries' experiences in the media in the recent past. What's happened since, then?

I know they underwent big real estate price booms a bit earlier than the UK and it appeared for a while like it all fizzled out and just stagnated for a while in a softlanding. But I think all that I have gleamed from the media of late, tucked away in small articles next to advertisments for 'wonder slippers' and 'stairway wheelchair lifts' , somewhere near the back of the business section, is that Australia may well be in a crash, with 10% falls in less than a year in the main cities, and holland feeling month-on-month small declines with the Dutch Chancellor publically expressing regret that the housing market was ever allowed to spiral and fearing the present future social and economic problems it is causing the Dutch economy.

That is about maybe three or four paragraphs in the last twelve months compared to many artciles, with color charts and professional analysis in the twelve previous. So, does anyone have regular contact or analysis with these naition's markets. Can we discern anything from this for our future course?

:huh:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Also asked the same question on another thread earlier.

- cannot recall Dutch situation, but Sydney appears off around 15% in 18 months although the top end ( several Mil $+ ) is holding up - they are expecting a further 20% fall over the next 2-3 years . Spain appears dropping up to 7% depending on region and your source. South Africa is turning. Ireland? The 64 tonne gorilla US boom appears to have up to 2 years in it as they are coming off a lower base, although the West coast, NY, Chicago & parts of Florida etc. are stated as serious contenders for a correction.

Governments in countries such as S. Korea, India & Thailand are also seriously concerned with the recent run up in HP - as it all constitutes and adds weight to a looming ***.

Hi,

Remember aout 18-24 months ago alot of EA's, VI's, BoE, etc., were saying how the Australian and Dutch property experiences showed how a softlanding was the outcome of all this. I haven't seen or heard anything more about these countries' experiences in the media in the recent past. What's happened since, then?

I know they underwent big real estate price booms a bit earlier than the UK and it appeared for a while like it all fizzled out and just stagnated for a while in a softlanding. But I think all that I have gleamed from the media of late, tucked away in small articles next to advertisments for 'wonder slippers' and 'stairway wheelchair lifts' , somewhere near the back of the business section, is that Australia may well be in a crash, with 10% falls in less than a year in the main cities, and holland feeling month-on-month small declines with the Dutch Chancellor publically expressing regret that the housing market was ever allowed to spiral and fearing the present future social and economic problems it is causing the Dutch economy.

That is about maybe three or four paragraphs in the last twelve months compared to many artciles, with color charts and professional analysis in the twelve previous. So, does anyone have regular contact or analysis with these naition's markets. Can we discern anything from this for our future course?

:huh: