House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rigsby II

This Week I Have Been Mostly....

The blocks of executive shoeboxes on my road now have signs outside claiming they're half-sold, after six months to a year of sitting empty.

Of course there still aren't any cars parked in the car parks at night, and there's no sign of anyone actually living there.

Guest rigsby II
Maybe it's because I am looking more but I'm seeing more half finished projects

I thought barns were like rocking horse sh*it. Year or so ago they were. Another half finished project, run out of money, died, done a runner, who knows...

Listed since 16th February 2004

http://www87.vebra.com/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?d...h=1∝=113706

People moan that prices for terraced houses built originally for factory workers are too high, just imagine how you would feel living in a barn that was originally intended for cow sh*it...

:)

There was an article in the Halifax Courier where a developer was selling his house to live in the new flats he had just built. These flats haven't being selling (170K and £90 /month maintenance charge FFS!).

I suspect he's run out of money so he's selling his house so he can keep going for another few months.

Guest uberstuka
Maybe it's because I am looking more but I'm seeing more half finished projects and empty houses with no chains...

http://www.gricehunter.co.uk/photodatabase...ail.php?Id=1196

Eyes bigger than your stomach me good old mam used to say...

:)

The property in the link above is just up the road from me. I'm sure that if you saw NE Lincolnshire from space it would look like a pin cushion. Stuck with tiny square `flags' that read: `HELP! FOR GODSAKE BUY ME!!!!'

Grimsby, JULY 2005:

Whitegates EA closes down after 20 years.

Bacons (second largest EA in the area) issues redundancy notices to all it's staff (looking to lay off around 15 while the rest have to reapply).

Dixons electrical store (in the main shopping centre `Freshney Place') closes down after 25 years. Citing `eBay and internet sales' as the reason.

Property currently on sale being dropped in price by an average of £10K (though still at 40% more than it's actual worth).

House of Fraser having a `January' sale every 2/3 months.

Complete EA denial of their growing PLIGHT (all making like an ostrich).

Independent business shutting down EN MASSE.

Yet these little beauties have just been built, over looking the RIVER HUMBER (there's no bloody sea to be seen out of those windows).

http://www.jacksongreenpreston.co.uk/resid...9/10046729.html

Anyone biting for £230K?

Edited by uberstuka

The blocks of executive shoeboxes on my road now have signs outside claiming they're half-sold, after six months to a year of sitting empty.

Of course there still aren't any cars parked in the car parks at night, and there's no sign of anyone actually living there.

The self same story in the old Friern Barnet town hall.

I asked someone doing the gardens and he said they were all sold.

I doubt it.