House Price Crash Forum
Unexpected

Fxc.l Ishares Ft/xin Ch25

I've never had much luck in picking individual stocks but my luck turned when I started investing in the exchange traded fund tracker stocks.

First I started with the ISF.L Ftse100 tracker a couple of years ago and it has done rather well. I just cashed in recently after I became concerned with the direction of the FTSE100.

Towards the end of last year a new tracker started (FXC.L) and it tracks a selection of Chinese stocks.

I just wanted to point out the amazing performance of this stock. Its gone up more than 20% already and most of this has happened over the last 2 months. Being a tracker its got to be pretty safe, but its performance is more like a high risk stock. I wish I had bought more than the 2.5K worth in the first place, although I bought another 2.5K of them last week.

Anyone else bought FXC shares? Any thoughts on whether it can keep going up like this?

I don't suppose you would take a few minutes out to explain how an 'exchange traded tracker fund' differs from just a tracker fund

The simplest way I can explain is that an ETF is a type of tracker fund but it also acts in the same way as a share which you can buy and sell whenever you want. FXC is an ETF as is ISF and you can buy them online as they are both listed on the London Stock exchange. There is no tax on buying and selling an ETF and you still recieve dividends when you own them. As you probably already gathered, you dont need to pay fund manage commissions and management fees. These are a very small amount which is instead taken from the dividends (only about 0.5%).

This is up %7 today! Not sure about the dividend though, heard it was %2

Wish I'd kept mine. Would have doubled my money. Actually this has happened to me before with a number of different shares. If I had never sold any of the shares I'd bought in the past I'd really be quids in now.

Wish I'd kept mine. Would have doubled my money. Actually this has happened to me before with a number of different shares. If I had never sold any of the shares I'd bought in the past I'd really be quids in now.

Just out of sheer interest...... how long did you hold your shares for ?

I've never had much luck in picking individual stocks but my luck turned when I started investing in the exchange traded fund tracker stocks.

First I started with the ISF.L Ftse100 tracker a couple of years ago and it has done rather well. I just cashed in recently after I became concerned with the direction of the FTSE100.

Towards the end of last year a new tracker started (FXC.L) and it tracks a selection of Chinese stocks.

I just wanted to point out the amazing performance of this stock. Its gone up more than 20% already and most of this has happened over the last 2 months. Being a tracker its got to be pretty safe, but its performance is more like a high risk stock. I wish I had bought more than the 2.5K worth in the first place, although I bought another 2.5K of them last week.

Anyone else bought FXC shares? Any thoughts on whether it can keep going up like this?

I've had a few FTSE ishares (ISF.L) in my ISA for some time now and was thinking of using ETFs such as FXC as well, although gains at this pace might be to good to be true in the long run and will have to correct at some point!

Does anyone know if using a portfolio of ETFs from the same provider, say Barclays ishares, is riskier than using different providers. i.e. if Barclays ran into trouble would the various funds be at risk?

Thanks

Just out of sheer interest...... how long did you hold your shares for ?

About a year I think. They're pretty high risk though so if I'd kept them I'd have got out when they took this recent nose dive.