House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Webmaster

Are You A New Member?

We'd like to know how you managed to find this website. Just add a quick line to this topic and let us know. We can then assess what is our most popular method of attracting new visitors.

I'm not new, but I found my way here via someone whinging about the HPC members at the channel4 forums. :rolleyes:

Edited by OzzMosiz

Quite by accident as it was mentioned on a thread on the Glastonbury Festival website when someone there was having trouble with the house they were trying to buy.

Feeling very relieved that I did find out about it as so far not much has been said in the mainstream media about crashes and we were thinking about buying in the next 6 months - this plan has been shelved.

i was having an argument on a different forum with a rather bullish homeowner who was convinced that house prices were going to continue to rise, contrary to my best arguments and the realities of the market. i needed some factual backup to slap him down and found this place through google... :D

although in the end we agreed to disagree - discussions about house prices between optimistic owners and wait and see ftb's like myself usually come down to a metaphysical question of faith; are you a bull or a bear? - i was glad to have discovered that not only are there many people who feel the same way as i do about the current housing market (it's so expensive it's a joke and it simply has to crash before too long...) but that they have a forum to discuss their views.

It was a saturday evening i had just finished my whiskey and tequilla cocktails which i was washing down by licking my halucinagenic frog, next thing i knew everything went dark, 27 hours later i woke up in a trance like state and made my way to my laptop, with one finger i slowly typed in www.housepricecrash.co.uk.

The wife told me about it.

Am having problem with my signature. I cannot change the size or font, it keeps showing the tags when I think it is done. egand always appear. how do I resolve this?

Guest Charlie The Tramp
The wife told me about it.

Am having problem with my signature. I cannot change the size or font, it keeps showing the tags when I think it is done. egand always appear. how do I resolve this?

Highlight the text you wish to change for both font and colour.

We'd like to know how you managed to find this website. Just add a quick line to this topic and let us know. We can then assess what is our most popular method of attracting new visitors.

Google,when prices started rising in this area i had a feeling of deja vu ! i remember trying to sell

a house in the late 80's just after tax relief was limited to 1 lot (used to apply to each person in an unmarried

couple).that started panic buying before the deadline then after that nobody wanted to buy!

those were the days,,tax relief on mortgage payments - MIRAS i'm sure it was called,though interest rates hit 15% !!!!!!!

I can remember exactly - I read a report (probably by Haliwide) and house prices were going up faster than my gross earnings. I searched on google, trying to find out why house prices were so high - then a magical website appeared.

I clicked, and my life changed forever - really!

(took me ages to register tho)

Edited by Jason

I clicked, and thought "The background's a bit grey isn't it? Maybe a magnolia with a little wood laminate would do much better, with chrome-effect buttons?"

(took me ages to register tho)

Edited by megaflop

I found it after a few weeks of looking at estate agents sites in the Warwickshire area and finding prices over the top. I knew the market was slow but was astonished that buyers/agents etc still had such high expectations. I had tried getting a sense of the market from Nationwide, Halifax, RICS etc and then I googled "house prices UK" and HPC came up on the second page of results.

If the idea is to get more hits I think HPC needs to appear on page 1 of search results and should use phrases that housebuyers often use when starting - "estate agents", "house prices" etc

I googled 'house price crash' or something similar.

Another idea is you could ask members to stick a link back to your site on other forums that they post in. Soon get extra visitors coming in.

Googled 'house price crash' when I returned from down under in 2004 - couldn't understand why prices hadn't corrected to reasonable income multiples yet! Witnessed my father suffer in the 80's (redundancy) and with negative equity in the 90's (divorce) - know only to well that HPI is not all wonderful

Fizz

Edit: misspelt know

Edited by fizz