House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest struthitsruth

The Power Of Imagination

Guest struthitsruth

Twas the turn of the century - a rainy day in Springtime as i recall. I was cycling my usual training route and passing another regular, a conversation was struck up which included, amongst other small talk, the (then) current HPI.

Well, he was an academic type, and one who professed to study history and economics. He talked of cycles and bubbles and all that stuff.

He said that the (then) current upward trend in house prices would peak at around 2003-2004 and there would follow a downward plunge - how steep he declined to say - and that there would ensue a period of negative equity which would be with us until 2030 - 2035

:unsure:

:blink:

<_<

Well i never did take it seriously of course, but you know how entertaining a maverick thinker/subversive/heretic can be at times (precisely why I have been entertained on this website with some threads to date - love the rent/rant/pants posts ) . . . .

. . . . the words just stayed with me, and I'm curious as to how his prediction will turn out. . . . . . because according to the consensus here, the first part has come about already surely ?

So do you think it could happen ?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Perhaps I should have made this a poll ?