House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
deano_54321

Whats The Latest!?

;) Hello old Freinds!!

It has been a while since I last logged on.

I have bought a new car which means I won't be buying a house for a couple of years (which is hopefully a good thing!).

I have budgeted so I can have a good couple of years of saving too.

So what is going on lately? I have seen the recent graphs and news, but just wondered what the real, unbias general feelings are on the market?

Hoping for a crash in the next 2-3 years so I can jump in then, hopefully at around 15-20% lower than now,

Thanks!

Dean ;)

Enjoy the car, it'll cost you a pretty penny over the coming years!

Yes, it will probably depreciate at the same rate as property...........

But at least it gets you from A to B.

You really are a twit aren't you?

Your comment is clearly directed at TTRTR.

I tend to agree. He has always been a rational Bull fighting his corner well and I have been supportive of his articulate contributions to this forum because they are essential for intelligent debate. However some of his recent posts have become rather unpleasant.

I put this down to his worry about the property slide so please make due allowance.

Edited by Red Baron

;) Hello old Freinds!!

It has been a while since I last logged on.

I have bought a new car which means I won't be buying a house for a couple of years (which is hopefully a good thing!).

I have budgeted so I can have a good couple of years of saving too.

So what is going on lately? I have seen the recent graphs and news, but just wondered what the real, unbias general feelings are on the market?

Hoping for a crash  in the next 2-3 years so I can jump in then, hopefully at around 15-20% lower than now,

Thanks!

Dean ;)

Enjoy the car whilst you can, I realised a while back why I hate the UK so much and it's mostly because of the relentless war against the motorist.

My dear chap, have you budgeted for the staggering petrol price rise just around the corner.

You have a correct positve outlook on the property price fall however.

You could stockpile petrol if you have some underground tanks constructed.

Enjoy the car whilst you can, I realised a while back why I hate the UK so much and it's mostly because of the relentless war against the motorist.

I would love the war against cars, but it is a bit unfair when trains and buses are poo. 4x4 should be treated with missisle launchers. :)

There is nothing wrong with spending a bit of money on what you like in life as long as you can afford it. It is all about balance!

So what is going on lately?

Oh Yeah as for what is going on... The VI's have now started predicting 'small falls', the media is changing their tune and transactions have gone through the floor. Even the C4 forum is changing, their "expert" bloke keeps telling people to lower their asking price!

Wow! Not the responses I was expecting, but ah well! :lol:

My car won't depreciate TOO much...its a MINI!

My last one is was a 2002 model and still got £8000 back on it in part ex! There aren't many cars on the road which hold that much value :)

As far as the fuel prices go, theres not much one can do about that. I will still have to drive to work every day whether the price goes up or not, so you cant really budget for that IMHO, just accept what comes along and adjust accordingly.

Isn't it strange how we raid Iraq and then oil prices go up at record rates? I wonder WHO now controls the oil price? IRAQ??? I think not. UK and US are now in control of that, and IMHO are ripping us all off and making a pretty penny. It makes me sick :angry: .

You could stockpile petrol if you have some underground tanks constructed.

Petrol's got a 'shelf life', unfortunately :(

Edited by NJP