House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Live_in_hope

Biggleswade Beds

Market well & truly stagnated.....

Were currently renting in biggleswade at the moment, a family near us have had their 3 bed with integrated garage on the market since October last year.

Started at 229K & dropped it 5K at the beginning of this year then changed to two other estate agents & it's still not shifted, I've looked on the web & they've not done a lot too it, they payed £135K four years ago for it !!!.

TBH its not a good buy @ 180K, I'd pay 170K tops

Theirs another couple of houses which have gone from for sale-sold- for sale.

When are people going to wake up & drop their prices ???

We must have at least 6 estate agents on the high street, I don't know for how much longer though.

Any other thoughts on biggleswade ?

Edited by Live_in_hope

...they payed £135K four years ago for it !!!.

TBH its not a good buy @ 180K, I'd pay 170K tops

Any other thoughts on biggleswade ?

Yes, how many more fools does it have who are prepared to offer 170k for a 135k house? No offence - but I hope you see my point. :D

Nomadd

Yes, how many more fools does it have who are prepared to offer 170k for a 135k house? No offence - but I hope you see my point.  :D

Nomadd

I do, though I don't think prices will end up back where they began, unless the ecomony really does go into melt down, then nobody will be able to buy as we'll all be out of work.

The UK ecomony seems (IMHO) to lag the US by 6 months & things are starting to pick up over their.

I do, though I don't think prices will end up back where they began, unless the ecomony really does go into melt down, then nobody will be able to buy as we'll all be out of work.

The UK ecomony seems (IMHO) to lag the US by 6 months & things are starting to pick up over their.

Not this time. US taxes are going down and lots of jobs being created in the private sector. Complete opposite in the UK. Plus you still need to earn at least double in the UK to buy an average house compared to the US whereas in reality people make a lot less. I think this time the UK is in big trouble.

Not this time. US taxes are going down and lots of jobs being created in the private sector. Complete opposite in the UK. Plus you still need to earn at least double in the UK to buy an average house compared to the US whereas in reality people make a lot less. I think this time the UK is in big trouble.

I think were all in trouble of getting many years ahead of ourselves (far too much doom & gloom, yes I know things are bad but all this negativity, not just you - is not helping, yes things are changing (significantly in the last 5 years - tech & IT job markets, manufacturing nearly gone)) & there is still a lot of consolidation going on & yes for most of us 2005 will be an uncertain year (job wise).

I still think the UK mirrors the US in a lot a ways.

Interesting times ahead......

Do you know if the new build houses in Roman Place (off London Road, near Bygraves garage) are selling - drive past it once/twice a week and do not seem to be. IMO are overpriced.

What about the number of houses for sale in Potton Road near the pub - also near Roman Place ... is some thing happening I do not know about - new houses not selling, old character houses not selling ...

Regards,