House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
peewee2

House Repossessions Increasing

Guest growl
Interesing article on the threat of increased repossessions as FTB's over stretch themeselves to get on the property ladder in Badford, West Yorkshire.

http://www.thisisbradford.co.uk/bradford__...BRAD_NEWS2.html

I remember Bradford just before the crash in the late eighties and thinking to myself how I would not want to live there. Has it become such a nice place to live over the years? I just don't get how so many people could overstretch themselves so much. They have to be young and desperate with perhaps no financial sense.

As for the local Labour MP spouting on about low interest rates. That's been part of the problem. But then the MP is probably on a good wage, lives in a nice house(houses) and can look forward to a nice fat pension...thankyou very much! Cheers easy.

The insensitivity of some of Blairs Bandits is appalling. :angry:

Guest absolutezero
I remember Bradford just before the crash in the late eighties and thinking to myself how I would not want to live there. Has it become such a nice place to live over the years? I just don't get how so many people could overstretch themselves so much. They have to be young and desperate with perhaps no financial sense.

No. Bradford is a shithole.

Was there recently. The town centre is dismal. Reminds me of a larger version of Accrington actually.

No. Bradford is a shithole.

Was there recently.  The town centre is dismal.  Reminds me of a larger version of Accrington actually.

Couldn't agree more. Town centre has loads of closed shops. Place is full of forgettable England....dirt and grime, those who can barely scrape a living together, or don't bother to try at all.

Couldn't believe the number of chavs around there as well.

On the other hand, the national museum of film and photography is worth a visit if you can put up with the rest of the town.

Edited by FreeFall

You know, these sort of things were said about Liverpool several years ago when I was a student there. At the time I thought it would be a good place to buy since it could only really go up. Turns out I was right. Not that I'm planning on buying in Bradford now, but after the crash it might be worth a flutter. I viewed Liverpool as having great architecture, history and culture and had great potential for redevelopment. So has Bradford.

Guest growl
Couldn't agree more.  Town centre has loads of closed shops.  Place is full of forgettable England....dirt and grime, those who can barely scrape a living together, or don't bother to try at all.

Couldn't believe the number of chavs around there as well.

On the other hand, the national museum of film and photography is worth a visit if you can put up with the rest of the town.

So the place hasn't changed that much. Surprising then that when there is a property boom idiots buy in these places. Then when the market turns Bradford and others like it suffer the worst. :blink:

Guest growl
You know, these sort of things were said about Liverpool several years ago when I was a student there. At the time I thought it would be a good place to buy since it could only really go up. Turns out I was right. Not that I'm planning on buying in Bradford now, but after the crash it might be worth a flutter. I viewed Liverpool as having great architecture, history and culture and had great potential for redevelopment. So has Bradford.

Please read my previous posts. Over a sixteen year period Bradford has got worse. Only flutter if you are prepared to lose. Not all scumy towns turn out like Liverpool and I am taking your word for it since I haven't been there for years either. <_<