House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cock-eyed octopus

I've Finally Realised ...

... what disturbs me about this site.

We are victims.

It's a conspiracy

They are depriving us of our birthright, superior as we are to the sheeplish masses.

When the Lord HPC comes (blessed is his name), He will smite mightily the unbelievers & apostates & we will laugh at them & their starving children.

I think you all know what happens next ....

... what disturbs me about this site.

We are victims.

I'm not a victim, nor are others on this site. The victims are the people that are going to suffer in a House Price Crash, becuase of the false belief that house price go up for ever

It's a conspiracy

Could be, GB has done everything he can to sustain HPI and even move the goal posts on his own rules to make the economy look fine

They are depriving us of our birthright, superior as we are to the sheeplish masses.

My Birthright is the freedom to say what I like and to protest against anything I feel is wrong. I feel it is wrong to pump peoples brains with disinformation about houses and not tell them the small print, (the value of your house is subject to market conditions and you might not get back what you put in)

When the Lord HPC comes (blessed is his name), He will smite mightily the unbelievers & apostates & we will laugh at them & their starving children.

I think you all know what happens next ....

Lost me on that one... :blink:

I'm not a victim, nor are others on this site. The victims are the people that are going to suffer in a House Price Crash, becuase of the false belief that house price go up for ever

Could be, GB has done everything he can to sustain HPI and even move the goal posts on his own rules to make the economy look fine

My Birthright is the freedom to say what I like and to protest against anything I feel is wrong. I feel it is wrong to pump peoples brains with disinformation about houses and not tell them the small print, (the value of your house is subject to market conditions and you might not get back what you put in)

Lost me on that one... :blink:

Thank you for a well-reasoned response.

Unfortunately, many posters here DO regard themselves as victims. They also become very abusive to anyone who does not share their opinions.

They do not just share the possibility of a conspiracy, they are certain of it.

Additoinally, their birthright includes the right to live in a house of their choosing.

The last bit was rather mischievous, bit of hyperbole, perhaps, but surely you can think of another group of people with grievances? Been on the news a lot recently?

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

The current government's economic policy has been geared to building and maintaining a consumer led economy.

IMO this is a mistake and is a fatally flawed policy that they are now struggling to sustain and will ultimately unravel into a prolonged recession.

Based on that view I, and many on here like me, have opted out and we are not playing the game chosing instead to manage our own financial destiny.

I think this is wise. Let them get on with it.

I'm not a victim. I've never bought. If I'd played a better hand, could have long ago and been a STR as well. But my life went differently, most of the responsibility lies with me.

Its not a victimless crime but I'm a crimeless victim

Oh how I wish I'd listened to my mum and that I hadn't spent all my deposit money on a round the world trip, had the time of my life, found and married the girl of my wet dreams, happy as a pig in something brown and smelly.

Great name for an estate agency don't you think - Browne and Smellie?

Name a government that hasn't used this policy?

Germany.

But from what I have read the soon to be German leader is a bit of a Thatcher fan. Any one for privatisation and selling off of the German rental sector?

I'm not a victim. I'm finally taking control of my finances and improving my understanding of how the economy and other cycles work. I have a wonderful opportunity and am not going to squander it.The victims are those that bought at the height of the peak and have no idea what's starting to unfold.

I'm not a victim. I'm finally taking control of my finances and improving my understanding of how the economy and other cycles work. I have a wonderful opportunity and am not going to squander it.The victims are those that bought at the height of the peak and have no idea what's starting to unfold.

ditto to that too :D

Depends how you define "victim".

I recognise that free market capitalism is generally the way to go, but to celebrate inflation of a basic human need is not very considerate, or in the long term, sensible.

Like the others have said, I am not a victim, I am going to "play my cards right".

Higher! No, lower!