House Price Crash Forum

Preserve Your Financial Freedom

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest growl

This article is so true. A freind of mine used to work for an estate agents that went bust about 18 months ago. She then went to work for another estate agents. That lasted about two months, before she lost her job and the agents closed down. Now This freind of mine was not an agent, she was just part of the admin staff. One of the reasons that she did not go back and get another job is because she worked all the hours of the day, and was totally stressed out.

Now she is a helper of other people. She does the shopping for some, walks dogs for others, has a few houses on her round that she cleans. She is raking in the money and picking and choosing her own hours. She just negotiates ( I think she may have learnt this from the agents she used to work for) each job individually. Then in her spare time she'll do the admin for her husband who happens to be a builder, odd job man all rounder.

Now she doen't call herself a personel assistant or anything so superficial as that. But there was definetly a need for her, and she's always smiling these days. If I didn't work from home myself, and commuted the long distances to do my job then I would have to employ her and was even contemplating it earlier in the year.

But what's the point of commuting for a couple hours either way every day and working all those long hours when you can't even enjoy your home, and your family and the dog don't know you anymore. I do not envy some people.

HOLA443
This article is so true. A freind of mine used to work for an estate agents that went bust about 18 months ago. She then went to work for another estate agents. That lasted about two months, before she lost her job and the agents closed down. Now This freind of mine was not an agent, she was just part of the admin staff. One of the reasons that she did not go back and get another job is because she worked all the hours of the day, and was totally stressed out.

Now she is a helper of other people. She does the shopping for some, walks dogs for others, has a few houses on her round that she cleans. She is raking in the money and picking and choosing her own hours. She just negotiates ( I think she may have learnt this from the agents she used to work for) each job individually. Then in her spare time she'll do the admin for her husband who happens to be a builder, odd job man all rounder.

Now she doen't call herself a personel assistant or anything so superficial as that. But there was definetly a need for her, and she's always smiling these days. If I didn't work from home myself, and commuted the long distances to do my job then I would have to employ her and was even contemplating it earlier in the year.

But what's the point of commuting for a couple hours either way every day and working all those long hours when you can't even enjoy your home, and your family and the dog don't know you anymore. I do not envy some people.

Good on her. If we had more enterprising people like this we wouldnt be wasting half the money we do on benefits. Perhaps this is what the government should be pushing? Once the crash comes, and the economy goes T*ts, its people like this that will undoubtably come out on top.