House Price Crash Forum

Why Should Houses Be Affordable?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen - I really don't give a monkeys about giving or taking insults. I'm a big boy.

What I find odd, is that this forum has a hard core of ego centric, self-centered losers who find 'outsiders' with different opinions a threat. They look for 'killer statements' and 'put-downs' as diversions. Then they accuse 'TROLL'.

Err... No, I actually have a different opinion to you.

Look at the excitement around the 'Wilson's going bust' thread. All negative stuff. These attitudes are typically British. The system keeps you all poor and keeps you in your place. It's a self-regulating system. You winge and moan and then jump with glee when someone fails. If this was the USA you would shrug your shoulders and say 'good luck to them'. The Wilson's would go bust but then try something else.

Just go out and do something - simple.

Fear masked by rightous anger. Can`t be long to wait now.

Listen - I really don't give a monkeys about giving or taking insults. I'm a big boy.

What I find odd, is that this forum has a hard core of ego centric, self-centered losers who find 'outsiders' with different opinions a threat. They look for 'killer statements' and 'put-downs' as diversions. Then they accuse 'TROLL'.

Err... No, I actually have a different opinion to you.

Look at the excitement around the 'Wilson's going bust' thread. All negative stuff. These attitudes are typically British. The system keeps you all poor and keeps you in your place. It's a self-regulating system. You winge and moan and then jump with glee when someone fails. If this was the USA you would shrug your shoulders and say 'good luck to them'. The Wilson's would go bust but then try something else.

Just go out and do something - simple.

your opinion is that the banks should keep lending. you suffer the illusion of wealth, yet have none.

I suspect all in this thread have more lucrative lives than the one you claim.

No

Just an ordinary bloke of 50 who has made it.

What about you?

the same bloke who said this earlier:

"Couldn't agree with you more.

I have a brother who has neglected his pension and now panicking and getting into BTL. He is a selfish are?shole, and I couldn't give a fanny if he gets burnt.

I get really pissed by the way people see him as so clever and rich. (Oh yer - only owes the bank about a million - some wealth!)"

your opinion is that the banks should keep lending. you suffer the illusion of wealth, yet have none.

I suspect all in this thread have more lucrative lives than the one you claim.

No -you're wrong.

My assets are about 2.2 mil. My mortgage is about 200K. About 75% of my assets are not in property.

What are you worth? Simple question, but I have to keep repeating it.

the same bloke who said this earlier:

"Couldn't agree with you more.

I have a brother who has neglected his pension and now panicking and getting into BTL. He is a selfish are?shole, and I couldn't give a fanny if he gets burnt.

I get really pissed by the way people see him as so clever and rich. (Oh yer - only owes the bank about a million - some wealth!)"

The point being?

No -you're wrong.

My assets are about 2.2 mil. My mortgage is about 200K. About 75% of my assets are not in property.

What are you worth? Simple question, but I have to keep repeating it.

Im 25, female and an inherited multi millionaire.

As I say, I dont need wealth as you do.

Im 25, female and an inherited multi millionaire.

As I say, I dont need wealth as you do.

Looks like neither of us 'need' wealth then.

And besides, money is a funny thing. When you have 100K in the bank and you spend 50K, you suddenly feel poor.

(You can still pliss off though...... ;) )

The only difference to this buble and the 90's one is the size , each bubble seems to get bigger.

But this one seems to be easier, how strange.. ;f

The last one certainly put me off property for quite a while seeing all the pain of others just handing their keys back etc

Maybe the time to buy was just after that when nobody particularly wanted to touch property.

Can understand the "can't wait" generation wanting to jump in because "prices will go up" and "its affordable".

Maybe the time is not great now but in some respects if you're young and carefree - sod it?! :\

But this one seems to be easier, how strange.. ;f

The last one certainly put me off property for quite a while seeing all the pain of others just handing their keys back etc

Maybe the time to buy was just after that when nobody particularly wanted to touch property.

Can understand the "can't wait" generation wanting to jump in because "prices will go up" and "its affordable".

Maybe the time is not great now but in some respects if you're young and carefree - sod it?! :\

Absolutely - only gets harder when you have responsibilities.

You can go and screww yourself as well.

I don`t think the swear filter cares about screw? Most sheeple are not going to make 2 mil from property, you have two million, why would you want to big up property? it is obviously a busted flush, you should be celebrating along with the others on here who can sit back and laugh at the shit storm?

understatement of the decade. There are empty houses and flats everywhere, and I can`t see hundreds of thousands of homeless, can you? It is simply due to ramping and very dumb sheeple, combined with liar loans, low rates and plentiful supply of cheap credit, which has now gone away. When the whole thing falls down it is going to be truly horrifying to many who believed the supply and demand mantra.

I think there is a lack of supply in certain areas such as the south east, but overall there isn't. And the supply demand imbalance in the south east wouldn't account for the 10% year on year increases seen over the last decade.

I don`t think the swear filter cares about screw? Most sheeple are not going to make 2 mil from property, you have two million, why would you want to big up property? it is obviously a busted flush, you should be celebrating along with the others on here who can sit back and laugh at the shit storm?

I have absolutely no intention of putting money into property - apart from a place abroad perhaps (but then probably rent and move on to new places)

In fact, the next move will be down to a smaller house. Guess I'll give bundles to my kids as well, so they can live with less anxiety than I did.

Why should houses be ‘affordable’? Land is a finite resource. As earnings increase so the cost of land needs to go up, because you can’t make new land. It's value reflects the wealth of the nation.

If you dismantle a property and sell the components, you will get about 20% of the properties value. But, labour is expensive. 60% of the purchase price is the cost of building. 20% becomes your profit margin.

So why should these houses be easily affordable? To own a piece of land with a dwelling needs to stretch you to breaking point.

That’s the laws of economics.

We can all wait for ever but it just ain’t gonna happen.

So get out there and buy.

Interesting and I suspect very common point of view. Essentially to you, securing shelter (a house and land of your own), is the ends - the whole aim of our existence, the whole reason to work hard and save. How dismal.

How about this: how about we house everyone at a basic level, at a reasonable cost, so they can go out and be productive and creative rather than fearful, resentful and shattered?

Which society would be richer as a whole - your model or one in which everyone has better things to worry about and work towards than securing basic shelter? Stretching every FTB to breaking point stunts a whole generation of potential advances and development: the misallocation of resources on a grand scale. The next generation won't thank you for it either when you are in the hospice in your final, self-satisfied days - I'd recommend you keep your thoughts to yourself then.