House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Haruki Murakami

They Believe This Is A Mental Asylum

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/forum/?f=41&m=69408

I particularly like the second post!

I have never been to singing pig before. I have just had a nosey around there and I must admit, I enjoyed the experience as the views are much more diverse and make for interesting debate.

I like this site very much too but feel that it can be a little stilted at times due to the overwhelming level of concensus.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant the third post!

Edited by Haruki Murakami

Yep I think most people on here are raving mad.

Lets face it – what percentage of the population do we represent – at a guess 2%

All the people I know (including the wife) just cannot see it.

They all think that interest rates are low, job prospects are good and that’s that, they can not see that in 25 years time they will still owe the same amount of money – and interest rates will most probably have gone any were from 0% to 15% in that time.

Yep I think most people on here are raving mad.

Lets face it – what percentage of the population do we represent – at a guess 2%

All the people I know (including the wife) just cannot see it.

They all think that interest rates are low, job prospects are good and that’s that, they can not see that in 25 years time they will still owe the same amount of money – and interest rates will most probably have gone any were from 0% to 15% in that time.

I have been reading some more over there. I am absolutely pissing myself. There's this guy under the name housepricecrash and he's just trashing every topic with loads of exaggerated bear stuff, like burying gold and food in the garden, 80.2% nominal falls, 20% Interest Rates and just endless crap. It's amazing.

He is unfortunately, doing a very funny send up job.

They reckon he is really a poster called Property Guru who has pretended to go on a cruise.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I suspect that a large proportion of EAs expect to see large falls. As an ex EA, I don't count, but I have a large number of good EA friends (apologies) and most are expecting substantial price falls.

G

Edited by gruffydd

If PG is HPC then he really does have a serious problem

he goes from one extreme to the other, with no valid discussion, opinion or thought with in Bull or Bear mode,

It would appear he has no middle ground ideas and only like to stir things up

Maybe he likes to be extremist but on the side that is currently winning the argument, so people always back him up and cheer him on, I think personally he has A.D.D and just wants the attention.

wonder what he really thinks when not in overdrive mode?

You wouldn't be the Mr. Murakami who wrote "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" by any chance???

Wind-Up?

Hmm

Bloody fantastic book, though.

Yes, great book... gave me nightmares for a long time though.

Also read

Hard Boiled Wonderland and...

And After the Quake.

Having a rest now, Wuthering Heights and Treasure Island (Deprived childhood)

If PG is HPC then he really does have a serious problem

he goes from one extreme to the other, with no valid discussion, opinion or thought with in Bull or Bear mode,

Maybe he likes to be extremist but on the side that is currently winning the argument, so people always back him up and cheer him on, I think personally he has A.D.D and just wants the attention.

wonder what he really thinks when not in overdrive mode?

Ha.

Interesting that, on his new found parody tack, he would probably be doing more for the bull cause then he ever did as PG, but for the fact they all know him to be a tart already !

Interesting that, on his new found parody tack, he would probably be doing more for the bull cause then he ever did as PG, but for the fact they all know him to be a tart already !

I post on singing pig as Blue Moon and have had quite a few bantering sessions with Property Guru in the past so it didnt take long to spot that the poster calling himself housepricecrash was really our dear friend PG.

PG announced on Tuesday that he was going on a cruise for 2 months. Housepricecrash appeared for the first time the next morning but some of us had sussed him within an hour or two.

Is housepricecrash really property guru ?

PG was mildly amusing for a time and some of the banter was a laugh but as the news on the housing market becomes increasingly negative and even many of sp's bulls become bearish; PG is becoming increasingly repetitious, outlandish and boring. I dont know what, if anything, he'll do for his next trick but whatever it is nobody on sp has taken him seriously for a long time if ever. He's just regarded as being there for a bit of amusement.

BTW he was kicked off this forum (HPC) 2 or 3 months age for posting under 4 or 5 different names and flooding nearly every thread with dross. I understand consa also kicked him off **** a while back for something similiar.

I post on singing pig as Blue Moon and have had quite a few bantering sessions with Property Guru in the past so it didnt take long to spot that the poster calling himself housepricecrash was really our dear friend PG.

PG announced on Tuesday that he was going on a cruise for 2 months. Housepricecrash appeared for the first time the next morning but some of us had sussed him within an hour or two.

Is housepricecrash really property guru ?

PG was mildly amusing for a time and some of the banter was a laugh but as the news on the housing market becomes increasingly negative and even many of sp's bulls become bearish; PG is becoming increasingly repetitious, outlandish and boring. I dont know what, if anything, he'll do for his next trick but whatever it is nobody on sp has taken him seriously for a long time if ever. He's just regarded as being there for a bit of amusement.

BTW he was kicked off this forum (HPC) 2 or 3 months age for posting under 4 or 5 different names and flooding nearly every thread with dross. I understand consa also kicked him off **** a while back for something similiar.

I see. Thanks for the background on him.

I wonder if he ever actually had a genuine interest in the market either way ?

Guest Bart of Darkness

The very definition of a troll.

Haruki - The guy is a legend: -

shit! - that kills me everytime :lol:

a

a

a

awoooooooooooooooooooga!!!!!

edit: its the pic on the tshirt that tickles me so.

Edited by dunroamin

Guest consa

I post as Consa to disguise myself by using a capital C. (so hopefully no one knows it's me!!

PG, Lady Luck, housepricecrash - they are all one, even if they aren't PG they are bored EA's working in the same office

Here is PG's cruise ship :lol::lol:

shipwreck1big.jpg

post-1033-1122793641_thumb.jpg

The "bulls" on singing pig are just small time investors who think they can carry on making a quick buck out of FTB's and renters for ever. They have no interest in anything except their own selfish investments. They have no interest whatsoever in any national, global or moral discussion about the desirability of house prices hitting the stratosphere or plummeting. They appear to be only interested in their personal greed.

It is true that some posters here might have the same motives. But there is a significant body of people here who think that house price inflation is a poor substitute for a real economy, and that things cannot continue as they are for ever.

That is why some singing pig folks think we are mad. We'll see who is "mad" in due course.

VP

They appear to be only interested in their personal greed.

I do read the singing pig forums, but never signed up.

They are very narrow and focused on one subject, over here we tend to discuss a wide range of subjects that effect our economy, whether crackpot or possible,

We might be seen as doom mongers but at least we talk about things that could happen,