House Price Crash Forum
Civil Servant

How Do You Define A Troll Exactly?

'scuse me for the silly question, but I'm still a bit hazy on the whole 'Troll' thing. Keep thinking I've deduced the meaning and then someone goes and posts with another slant and I think I've got it wrong.

Grateful for definitions from all fit for submission to the nice folk at Oxford English Dictionaries.....

Guest consa
'scuse me for the silly question, but I'm still a bit hazy on the whole 'Troll' thing.  Keep thinking I've deduced the meaning and then someone goes and posts with another slant and I think I've got it wrong.

Grateful for definitions from all fit for submission to the nice folk at Oxford English Dictionaries.....

There is a definition somewhere, maybe someone has the link? or just log on to singingpig and look at Property Guru's posts

'scuse me for the silly question, but I'm still a bit hazy on the whole 'Troll' thing.  Keep thinking I've deduced the meaning and then someone goes and posts with another slant and I think I've got it wrong.

Yes, it was a silly question. A troll is something that lives under a bridge and frightens goats. Everyone knows that.

I bet that somewhere you're saying that houseprices will crash too.

Look, I've posted this before lots of times so why can't you see? Are you stupid or something?

Interest rates are soooo low and house prices where I live went up in 2003, 2004 and 2005.

I know that you asked me an entirely different question, but I don't want to answer it as it won't infuriate you as much as me doing this. Are you sitting in disbelief or anger yet you stupid idiot for asking such a stupid question?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, sorry about that, but that's what a troll does. They come onto the internet to find a topic people are discussing (it doesn't matter what it is, it could be house prices, Bananarama or widgets) only to do their best to get on people's nerves and get attention. They will try their hardest to break all of the forum rules, often typing in a manner THATS......hARd 2 R3AD (if they're a professional troll). They will try to start arguments between exisitng members of a forum and sit back taking great satisfaction at the result.

For an excellent example of a troll and how they act on the internet see this link:

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/forum/?f=41&m=67271

I play trolls at their own game by either ignoring them or just acting like a troll back. Sometimes I find it a great way to release stress if I argue with a troll, especially if there have been a couple of galsses of wine between me reading their post and replying. LOL

P.S. A troll will often invite troll friends to join them on a site where it is easy to get a reaction, or will post using 3 or 4 different usernames if they have no troll friends to support them. You may have spotted that in the link above.

:)