House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Landagan

Ramsgate

Been thinking lately that Ramsgate may be a good out of London relocation option.

With the recent closure of Manston Airport I wondered how people thought this may effect the price of property in Ramsgate?

Will they go up, because the planes no longer thunder overhead?

Or will they go down with everything else as the financial impact of losing the international airport takes it's toll?

Any views would be much appreciated.

Having lived in that area until a few years ago, I'd say it won't make much difference either way. ( Has it actually closed? I know it was in Administration and EUjet had gone bust... )

North Kent is seen as a commuter area for London by many though Ramsgate is quite a long journey from London, especially on the very poor train service. Whitstable has already seen a big influx of commuters and I suspect Herne Bay ( where I used to live ) will be next as its only one extra stop on the train line.

More important to the area are the channel tunnel rail link, and Pfizer who employ a lot of people in the Margate/Ramsgate areas.

Personally, I find the area pretty grim! Whitstable isn't bad but it seems to have quite a drug problem these days and Margate tends to have a lot of immigrants hanging around. ( Sounds bad to say it but it can be intimidating! )

Having lived in that area until a few years ago, I'd say it won't make much difference either way. ( Has it actually closed? I know it was in Administration and EUjet had gone bust... )

North Kent is seen as a commuter area for London by many though Ramsgate is quite a long journey from London, especially on the very poor train service. Whitstable has already seen a big influx of commuters and I suspect Herne Bay ( where I used to live ) will be next as its only one extra stop on the train line.

More important to the area are the channel tunnel rail link, and Pfizer who employ a lot of people in the Margate/Ramsgate areas.

Personally, I find the area pretty grim! Whitstable isn't bad but it seems to have quite a drug problem these days and Margate tends to have a lot of immigrants hanging around. ( Sounds bad to say it but it can be intimidating! )

Glad you said that last bit because I was going to say it won't make a difference because it's a dump :)

I lived in Ashford for 4 years, the journey into London from there was a nightmare. No way anybody would want to do it long term (I know 4 other people who moved down from london and gave up on the train after a year or so me included).

The CTRL won't make much if any difference for Ramsgate in my opinion.