House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny

Ouch - This Will Hurt A Lot Of People

"One of the UK's biggest energy suppliers has increased its prices for the fourth time in 18 months.

EDF Energy - which supplies five million customers under the London Energy, Seeboard and SWEB Energy brands - said electricity charges would rise by 10.7% and gas bills by 12%."

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13397118,00.html

==================================================

Its started , the first of many increases as predicted by analysts over the last few months due to carbon emission regulations coming in.

A 22.7% increase in fuel bills, on top of the council tax rebanding, window tax and the new asset tax.....

Somehow I can't see the drop in IR's making the slightest bit of difference for one or two months until they start rising again. The 22.7% increase in fuel bills is permanent and for the years to come.

Forgot to mention job losses, redundancies and recession

Oops, I'm turning into a doom monger !!!!!

:unsure:

Edited by Johnny

A 22.7% increase in fuel bills, on top of the council tax rebanding, window tax and the new asset tax.....

Excuse my ignorance, but "window tax"? :unsure: (Just curious since being in Oz I won't be paying it...).

Excuse my ignorance, but "window tax"?  :unsure: (Just curious since being in Oz I won't be paying it...).

Window tax, its a tax thats possibly going to be applied if you've had any extensions, porches, driveways resurfaced, loft conversions, extra bathrooms, sheds assembled on your property.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/tax-advice/co...9&in_page_id=82

Then theres the rebanding and of course possibility now of a tax on the amount that your house has increased in value in the last boom

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/tax-advice/co...6&in_page_id=82

And now theres rumoured to be another tax where any gifts received by anyone can be backdated up to 19 years. Sorry I don't have the link to this one , it was in the papers only yesterday.

Looks like the UK is going to be hit hard over the next 4 years on tax.