House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rain'ard

I'm Trying To Find Out Why Some Are Still Buying

I have three flats up for sale on my estate. I have noticed this week there has been buyers viewing and I have noticed that a couple of nearby flats have sold after being empty for a long time.

In my job I am in a good position to accost the potential buyers to find out their reasons for them buying at this time and give them a bit of HPC spiel, but the estate agent is always waiting before they arrive and also hangs behind after they have gone.

I’ve never considered myself a bad communicator(though many on the forum might think otherwise)

Does anyone know of a way or an excuse I can use to make contact without me dressing up as television interviewer or journalist or with a black cloak and tee shirt with HPC secret agent on it.

Any suggestions or comments welcome.

Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates

Simple , sellers are cutting the price before the sh.t hits the fan. :P

Edited by Time 2 raise Interest Rates

I have three flats up for sale on my estate.  I have noticed this week there has been buyers viewing and I have noticed that a couple of nearby flats have sold after being empty for a long time.

In my job I am in a good position to accost the potential buyers to find out their reasons for them buying at this time and give them a bit of HPC spiel, but the estate agent is always waiting before they arrive and also hangs behind after they have gone.

I’ve never considered myself a bad communicator(though many on the forum might think otherwise) 

Does anyone know of a way or an excuse I can use to make contact without me dressing up as television interviewer or journalist or with a black cloak and tee shirt with HPC secret agent on it.

Here's one

Look out for their car and stick an HPC leaflet in the window wiper

I know a few friends who have been renting for 2 /3 years and can't wait any longer due to new members of family being on their way. Need to get a 3 bed house for their new arrivals, they've decided to buy rather than rent as its going to be a long term investment.

Its quite surprising too , how many discussions I have with work colleagues who believe all the spin they hear from the media and can't see anything happening to the house market, they keep coming out with "its different this time"

The slowdown in the housing market has taken a lot longer to materialise than I personally thought and it appears to be the same for them. I am however still holding off as I have nothing really to lose.

Edited by Johnny

YOU "Excuse me..just wondering if you can you tell me where ........ is please, I am looking to buy around here after the house price crash"

THEM "house price crash?"

YOU "yep....www....."

BECAUSE: For the vast majority of people, there is no crash, there is going to be no crash, and things are slowing down... ...but not reversing.

I've been a bigh HPC.co.uk fan for a long time, and even I'm not convinced that prices are going to come a tumbling.

Fortunately for me, I don;t have to move for another year, and only then do I have to seriously decide whether to buy or rent.

But the thing is that the vast majority of people will get their information from their usual 'trusted' sources, and these sources are still saying that everything is fine.

I think that the general allusion out there is that house prices will always be this expensive, and if they DO drop, then it will only be small.

I think there will only be a massive change in sentiment ONLY when we are a good way down the slope... but of course then it would be a classic bubble collapse, accellerating towards the trough.

Most of us yenning for a HPC are those who do want to buy or need to buy. Those who want to put down roots, plant the garden, choose schools have plenty of reason to feel frustrated.

these "i cant see it happening" comments, are exactly the reason why a good ol HPC suckers people in.

Each to thier own i say , i wont try and convince you otherwise because i personally couldnt give a rats a** if you bought and went under.. not me being mean or vindictive, im just being honest.

Alot of people pretend to give a damn about others but i dont :) , its your life and life is all about learning what you can before your wiped out of existance, so go ahead live your life and learn.

There will come a point when you realise how weak and pathetic you are in the grand scheme of things, we all have 24 hours in a day and its up to us how we choose to use them. If i felt like you bulls i would buy now .. simple as that.

Do what you feel is the right thing to do, your life your decisions, your rewards.

Personally i know it will end in tears but even in disaster you can learn about yourself an others, infact sometimes it takes a disaster to bring out the best in people.

Im sure you all dont need me to waffle like this. Just a reminder that one day you will be dead, so buy now buy later, but just do what you think.

All good fun aint it.

Edited by theChuz

I have three flats up for sale on my estate.  I have noticed this week there has been buyers viewing and I have noticed that a couple of nearby flats have sold after being empty for a long time.

Invest in a dart gun, find a good vantage point, bring the estate agent down as he gets out of his beemer then take the poor misguided viewers for a nice pint and patiently explain to them the error of their ways!

People are still buying because they look at the monthly repayments and think - I can afford that. So they buy.

They also think, if necessary I'll sell the house. They do not think one iota about what a state they would be in if prices actually did crash and they couldn't pay the bank back.

So whilst Irs are low and employment is firm, there will be enough buyers and prices won't crash.

Guest rigsby II
...but the estate agent is always waiting before they arrive and also hangs behind after they have gone.

In the good old days before Suzy Lamplugh got topped, estate agents used to just give you a key, you went to look and then took the keys back or stuck em through their letterbox.

If I particularly liked a place I'd take off some of the wallpaper and lift up all the carpets on the pretext of looking for damp. Make a bit of a general mess - not too much mind. <_<

Oh and some of the old places that needed doing up didn't have toilets and if you got caught short whilst you were looking, well....

That used to put buyers off...

:)

If they're investors, the reason must be insanity.

I invest in shares - received above 20%/year on average over the last 5 years - use a pretty ordinary firm of stockbrokers and just give them a little bit of guidance on sector (spend about 3 hours a month on that). They do the rest.

This requires a very steady nerve, but if you have nerves of steel and feel secure in yourself, walk into any estate agent, preferably one with buyers there (a rarity I know).

Pose as a buyer and "look" at some specs for likely houses. Loudly declare that "this price is absurd"....."don't the sellers know there is an impending crash?"

Everyone will of course look round and stare, but the EA serving you will be astounded at such cheek. Ignore him or her. Stay strong: challenge the EA: "your prices here are outrageous". "No serious buyer would consider these prices. Are you not aware that prices are dropping like a stone".

Of course most of them will think you are bonkers (because they always believe the VI's), but you will plant a seed in their subconscious, including (most importantly) the EA's themselves.

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

these "i cant see it happening" comments, are exactly the reason why a good ol HPC suckers people in.

Each to thier own i say , i wont try and convince you otherwise because i personally couldnt give a rats a** if you bought and went under.. not me being mean or vindictive, im just being honest.

Alot of people pretend to give a damn about others but i dont :) , its your life and life is all about learning what you can before your wiped out of existance, so go ahead live your life and learn.

There will come a point when you realise how weak and pathetic you are in the grand scheme of things, we all have 24 hours in a day and its up to us how we choose to use them. If i felt like you bulls i would buy now .. simple as that.

Do what you feel is the right thing to do, your life your decisions, your rewards.

Personally i know it will end in tears but even in disaster you can learn about yourself an others, infact sometimes it takes a disaster to bring out the best in people.

Im sure you all dont need me to waffle like this. Just a reminder that one day you will be dead, so buy now buy later, but just do what you think.

All good fun aint it.

Gosh, Chuz. You really know how to cheer a person up. :blink: