House Price Crash Forum

What Would You Do? Please!

HOLA441

Good evening all,

I am a first time poster after reading many interesting, informative and sometimes disturbing topics/posts on this site for over a year now.

I am after some advice from the very knowledgeable crowd on here.

I am 39 years old. Some time ago I decided not to jump into the market because the figures just did not hold up, even with my limited knowledge of the economy. My friends all said that house prices only go up.

then the crash came..... and went.

I know that QE has been introduced specifically to prop up house prices, but do I have a choice at my age to wait even longer? I could cry with frustration sometimes at the government (I will use that term lightly) and its handling of this crisis, but I am seriously losing my nerve.

I have 100k in savings. Should I bight the bullet? Should I hang on? If so, for how long.

I am not trying to invest. I just want a nice place to live that reflects the hard work that I put in.

Your unbiased views are very welcome. Cheers.

Where? If it London,then that 100K is only the deposit. Other parts of the country then that is a major portion of the price. Where do you want to live?

Do you have steady steady stream of income ?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

.if you have steady work/employment do not put all your savings/cash into the property, take out say a 50% LTV mortgage at the lowest flexible fee free rate you can get. ;)

Why take out a loan when he can pay outright? If he then needs rainy day money he could "re-mortgage" the place, or take out some other loan?

What am I missing?