House Price Crash Forum

A Developer's Rather Expensive Furniture

Cherubium

HOLA441

I've been looking for a new build house in North London for a while now. I had this faboulous conversation with an Estate Agent today at a new development in Barnet:

Me: ‘So you sold plot one for 1.35million a few weeks ago, why do you want 1.75 million for this identical house?’

Ea:‘It’s not identical, it’s the show home. It comes as a package with all the furniture and wallpaper.’

Me: ‘Isn’t £400,000 a lot of money for two sofas, three beds, some rugs and curtains?’

Ea: ‘It’s the overall ambience. You can just move in and it’s all done.

Me: ‘If the decorator charged 20 grand for the wallpapering, that still leaves £380,000 for the furniture.’

Ea: ‘It’s all top quality designer furniture.’

Me: ‘I recognize the bed in the master bedroom from the Ikea catalogue...’

HOLA442

I've been looking for a new build house in North London for a while now. I had this faboulous conversation with an Estate Agent today at a new development in Barnet:

Me: ‘So you sold plot one for 1.35million a few weeks ago, why do you want 1.75 million for this identical house?’

Ea:‘It’s not identical, it’s the show home. It comes as a package with all the furniture and wallpaper.’

Me: ‘Isn’t £400,000 a lot of money for two sofas, three beds, some rugs and curtains?’

Ea: ‘It’s the overall ambience. You can just move in and it’s all done.

Me: ‘If the decorator charged 20 grand for the wallpapering, that still leaves £380,000 for the furniture.’

Ea: ‘It’s all top quality designer furniture.’

Me: ‘I recognize the bed in the master bedroom from the Ikea catalogue...’

:lol::lol::lol:

These lying EA f***ers have absolutely no shame..

HOLA443
  • 1 month later...
HOLA444
HOLA445

This post prompted me to look at Barnet on RightMove.

Actually it looks pretty cool for a part of London.

You can go mental and spend £8m if you have that sort of money, but actually £1m will get you a very good house. So not a bad place, a bit of an eye opener for a Surrey boy.

HOLA446
  • 1 month later...
HOLA447

Hang on though. Show homes all have specially made scaled down furniture to make the place look bigger, so it must cost a pretty penny!

Nah, they just make you wear these special glasses with fish-eye lenses when you go round!

db

Edited by deeplyblue