House Price Crash Forum

Things Didn't Get Worse After The Holidays.

Some were speculating that it would. You know who you are, even though you've changed your tune now to save face.

The house price crash and recession are well and truly over until the next time. Perhaps you'll all be here in another 20 years ready to gloat that you eventually got it right. I won't be.

So with house prices increasing back to their natural levels, the banks on a even keel, the stock markets at record levels, unemployment figures falling and a massive Christmas boost to the economy now that nobody's worried about job security anymore - what's on the cards for HPC'ers for next year?

What about you guys who moved into rented? You regretting trying to beat the market to capitalise on some poor souls misfortune to make your million?

What about the generation-Y first time buyers who want everything handed to them on a plate and can't be bothered to save for a deposit? Are you buying now?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think things have got worse Troll boy.

We have bankers paying no tax.

We have 2 trillion of stimulus JUST making the world economy appear to level.

We have Rising unemployment.

We have wage freezes

We are seeing huge debt defaults in the US....the driver of the world economy....along with an inability of bankers to roll over large corporate debts.

No, its worse, but QE and Government spending are giving a false account.

So with house prices increasing back to their natural levels,

Presumably by "natural levels", you mean those achieved with unprecedented fiscal and monetary stimulus? I can only assume you are deriving your "natural level" of confidence from a nose full of coke! :lol:

... unemployment figures falling

Stats and source please.

Edited by Sledgehead

Some were speculating that it would. You know who you are, even though you've changed your tune now to save face.

The house price crash and recession are well and truly over until the next time. Perhaps you'll all be here in another 20 years ready to gloat that you eventually got it right. I won't be.

So with house prices increasing back to their natural levels, the banks on a even keel, the stock markets at record levels, unemployment figures falling and a massive Christmas boost to the economy now that nobody's worried about job security anymore - what's on the cards for HPC'ers for next year?

What about you guys who moved into rented? You regretting trying to beat the market to capitalise on some poor souls misfortune to make your million?

What about the generation-Y first time buyers who want everything handed to them on a plate and can't be bothered to save for a deposit? Are you buying now?

whens "the next time" - november?

sustain house price growth with what?

trillions of invented "money" to pay trillions of real debt?

There is nothing to back up any of what you are saying. I don't like being lectured by ill-educated spivs at the best of times but at least they are usually funny.

You need to back up these casual assertions like "natural levels" of house prices. How so natural? Based on long term averages? Based on your expereince of a decade long credit binge?

Unfortunately because our government is run by corrupt foolish individuals as mentaly weak as those that support them they are prepared to steal from the productive to continue this charade. However there is only so long this can last and the end is never pretty.

The house price crash and recession are well and truly over until the next time.

I thought things would dive again in Sept/Oct, starting in the LSE

Now i think i was 4 months premature. Jan/Feb, part 1 - tax holidays end, etc, then post election Q3/Q4 worse still as the public sector layoffs kick in.

All the macro indicators are gloomy. The current stagnant almost-recovery is completely inexplicable, as is the FTSE. Where has the 'value' come from? Bonkers.

Unfortunately because our government is run by corrupt foolish individuals as mentaly weak as those that support them they are prepared to steal from the productive to continue this charade. However there is only so long this can last and the end is never pretty.

heaven knows how this qe-zirp sin-fest will end, but i agree with your comment 100 % , not sure about the how long bit, seems no end of idiots doing Govt bidding + propping ip the ponzi. they will even drag their feet over the so-called tighter regulations until brown's ballot, which surely he'll lose unless he rigs it

Please tell me it's nothing terminal.

Are you gloating about the poor misfortunate souls who still can't afford a home? Are you an MP?

"the stock markets at record levels" - Didnt the FTSE 100 peak at 6900 in 1999? Now it is around 5200.

"the banks on a even keel" - With hundreds of billions of assets insured by the Government.

"unemployment figures falling" - they have stopped rising at least. Lets hope they now turn down.

"So with house prices increasing back to their natural levels," - I guess with interest rates at such low levels, interest payments on even very large mortgages remain very affordable. Net result, higher prices. Mind you, if interest rates were to go back to their natural levels (I would say 5 - 6%), then mortgage interest payments will become a lot less affordable, and many who bought recently might well struggle to pay on time.

I do have to agree with you though. This time last year, the current scenario appeared impossible to many. QE and low interest rates have made things as they are. If inflation now occurs as a result of these policies, you may well see interest rates having to rise a long way as well. That might mean that this time next year, things look as different to today, as today looks to last year.

If it does not happen - stockmarket crash - by January it will not happen IMPO. We need something major now to shock UK house prices into a plunge.

Frankly, if I am relying on huge public sector job cuts in order to buy a house I don't think I will be wanting to live in my part of the UK for the next decade so... perhaps I will move on to somewhere else...

I think the stock market is going to have another leg down.

Unemployment is going to continue to rise.

But interest rates will remain near 0% so house prices will continue to rise.

show me the 0% mortgages.

You know what strikes me most about these bulls/trolls ? It is not whether they are right, or we are right or whatever.

It is the fact they seem genuinely happy that this country is going to continue to be royally ******ed up. Sibley, Hamish, this latest goon etc...

They positively rejoice in the fact that those simply wanting a place where the average Joe can buy the average house may not happen. And why ? Just so they can tell everyone that will listen how much their house is 'worth'.

They are a great and shining example of all that is wrong with this country. Me, me, me, me. Nothing else matters. As long as their house doesn't drop in value they don't care if the entire country goes down the pan.

I am glad I am not a bull/troll like creature who inhabit this board. Being right or wrong has little to do with it. They just seem like grade 'A' dicks.

You know what strikes me most about these bulls/trolls ? It is not whether they are right, or we are right or whatever.

It is the fact they seem genuinely happy that this country is going to continue to be royally ******ed up. Sibley, Hamish, this latest goon etc...

They positively rejoice in the fact that those simply wanting a place where the average Joe can buy the average house may not happen. And why ? Just so they can tell everyone that will listen how much their house is 'worth'.

They are a great and shining example of all that is wrong with this country. Me, me, me, me. Nothing else matters. As long as their house doesn't drop in value they don't care if the entire country goes down the pan.

I am glad I am not a bull/troll like creature who inhabit this board. Being right or wrong has little to do with it. They just seem like grade 'A' dicks.

All you said.

One thing the dotcom boom/bust and the last 7 years of madness has taught me that it's impossible to overestimate the stupidity of the average British citizen. Because of this stupidity and wish to believe in ponzi schemes as a substitute for hard work, it is impossible - if you are thinking logically - to predict when the various bubbles will burst.