House Price Crash Forum

The Man With 900 Houses

HOLA441
HOLA442

I listened to the old boy a couple of weeks back as per chance his interview came onto Radio 4.

What he essentially said was that interest rates are due to rise after the G.E. in 2010 (agreed).

Thus his business will find it more difficult to fund and finance itself with higher mortgage rates.

Ergo it will be more difficult to make a profit, and may make a loss.

Ergo I want to sell this declining business to a willing buyer.

Hardly making the irresistible proposition to would-be-buyer - is it ?

Interesting to watch as this unfolds .............................................................

HOLA443
HOLA444

I listened to the old boy a couple of weeks back as per chance his interview came onto Radio 4.

What he essentially said was that interest rates are due to rise after the G.E. in 2010 (agreed).

Thus his business will find it more difficult to fund and finance itself with higher mortgage rates.

Ergo it will be more difficult to make a profit, and may make a loss.

Ergo I want to sell this declining business to a willing buyer.

Hardly making the irresistible proposition to would-be-buyer - is it ?

Interesting to watch as this unfolds .............................................................

You mean unravels! :lol:

HOLA445
Guest BoomBoomCrash

Thick as ******ing pigshit. He looked a worried man to me, and what's with the sudden media blitz, I mean I though the deal was done, why the need for all the exposure?

Edited by BoomBoomCrash

HOLA446
HOLA447

I like how the interviewer nearly lost it when he went on about how all people who live in flats have drink/ drug problems.

Priceless. Presenter later admitting "I live in a flat but I'm not one of those social issues .. 5:28mins

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Thick as ******ing pigshit. He looked a worried man to me, and what's with the sudden media blitz, I mean I though the deal was done, why the need for all the exposure?

+1

The demented ramblings of a parochial little man.

He knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I'm sick of seeing this buffoon being indulged by the media but I can't turn away. I'm drawn to it like a dog to anti-freeze. He seems to think that the ability to con bankers into giving you a pile of cash bestows you with intelligence and insight. What he is actually doing everytime he speaks is showing his complete lack of decency and business acumen.

I just cannot wait for it all to come crashing down. I'm now convinced he is going to lose BIG TIME.

HOLA4415

I find him the most annoying of people. Unlike a lot of folk on here, I think he is going to come out okay. But if anyone thinks his fortune is down to brilliant insight or analysis, you only have to watch this video to see otherwise. They hit on a strategy that worked by luck, end of story.

HOLA4416

I find him the most annoying of people. Unlike a lot of folk on here, I think he is going to come out okay. But if anyone thinks his fortune is down to brilliant insight or analysis, you only have to watch this video to see otherwise. They hit on a strategy that worked by luck, end of story.

Don't blame him. Blame the system: tax breaks for the rich (i.e. property owners), and taxpayer-backed banks taking on the main risk.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I'm sick of seeing this buffoon being indulged by the media but I can't turn away. I'm drawn to it like a dog to anti-freeze. He seems to think that the ability to con bankers into giving you a pile of cash bestows you with intelligence and insight. What he is actually doing everytime he speaks is showing his complete lack of decency and business acumen.

I just cannot wait for it all to come crashing down. I'm now convinced he is going to lose BIG TIME.

con the bankers? give it a rest....they lent to 1000's of ******** BTL landlords, even ones without jobs or any business sense.

HOLA4420

he will come out ok. good luck to him.

anybody else here would have done the same thing in his shoes, so lets not be bitter and twisted about it eh

No need to be bitter, but there is a need to describe him correctly - a useless, vain parasite

You wish him luck in his attempt to belabor others with costs ? That's pretty odious of you

Edited by Stars

HOLA4421
Guest pioneer31

anybody else here would have done the same thing in his shoes, so lets not be bitter and twisted about it eh

Speak for yourself. You may be greedy as f**k... but I have no desire to run a BTL empire.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

When I read your post I thought 'hmmmm maybe I would'. But upon two seconds reflection I realised I'd never be able to rip off my fellow man on a basic human requirement knowingly entirely at their expense. As we're this thread appears to be moving onto the ethics of investing, I'd sell fags to them (shares in BATS perhaps), maybe the fags would kill them but it's their CHOICE. Maybe I'd invest in bookies shares or drinks company shares and profit on people's addictions to booze / gambling but again ultimately their choice.

Once their business collapses or they die of old age these two will go down in history as modern rachman.

HOLA4424

Worth a look and listen, I think.

Thanks for the video. Judith was hanging around in the background I notice. At the end of the interview Ross nodded in her direction and said "Judith thank you very much."

I watched this video twice, looking at all the different ways he held his hands to different questions to find defensive or negative or lying "tells". At the end of the video I don't think he's being honest in his forecast that the worse is over for the financial system and about rising house prices.

They have Gullands "assisting them in identifying potential buyers for the giant portfolio" and they seem to be peddling themselves to the media, talking up the appeal of their 900. Do they really expect to draw out a bulk buyer who is eager to overpay this way?

HOLA4425

No need to be bitter, but there is a need to describe him correctly - a useless, vain parasite

You wish him luck in his attempt to belabor others with costs ? That's pretty odious of you

He bought cheap houses with cheap credit and rented them to people who wanted/ needed them.

i dont see the problem with him. sure, he doesnt come across as particularly intelligent, but that doesnt mean to say he isnt.

the problem lies with the government and the banking elite :

a. refusing the reform the debt based monetary system

b. refusing to reform the tax system by shifting the onus onto land/assets rather than production

I would do EXACTLY the same as he has done (in fact i AM doing so right now). why should i live in this messed up system as a serf when i can be a lord ? if you guys want to start the revolution i am the first in line. but until then focusing your anger at guys like this is just pitiful.

Edited by Tuberider