House Price Crash Forum

Alice Cook's Blog

ezekiel

Alice's blog was good - although I didn't agree with some of her state-ist centrally controlled views sometimes, she was at least informed and had considered opinions. Its been unchanged for over a month - anyone know if she's coming back?

Thanks

Eze

She seems to have disappeared. Good blog, lots of interesting graphs and analysis.

Is she coming back? Is she OK?

I got the impression from the last few weeks on her blog that she was becoming increasingly disillusioned after the astonishing bailout of the housing market, the long term ramifications of this, and the maneauvering by Labour to do everything it can to reinflate the bubble, despite the harm it has done to people her/my age.

I think, like many, she's disgusted and tired of it all.

Edited by pete.hpc

• 1 year later...

Yay! Alice Cook is back and blogging again (after she disappeared in 2009).

A suberb economic blog with lots of analysis, lots of graphs, and a house price focus (for those unaware of her)

Clouded Outlook

Thank you Tinker for the kind words. Yes, I am back. The blog is back up. The old address is still working..

Visit my site

I am also trying to engineer a move to a new address. I am handling this quite incompetently. I am not quite sure how to do it.

My new site - Clouded Outlook

Thank you Tinker for the kind words. Yes, I am back. The blog is back up. The old address is still working..

Visit my site

I am also trying to engineer a move to a new address. I am handling this quite incompetently. I am not quite sure how to do it.

Glad you are back Alice. Excellent read, indeed extremely readable and well laid out. Enjoying your blog!

I like to think, "hill hovering".

(At least it gives him a chance to skim over the ex-public (no-longer-required) servants' (eg. Robin Cook's or doctor's) bodies.)

"The BLUE Metropolitan Police (Met) introduced police boxes throughout London between 1928 and 1937,and the design that later became the most well-known was created for the Met by Gilbert MacKenzie Trench in 1929."

'Met' means "DEAD" in Hebrew - you bunch of conned numpties! :o

"The BLUE Metropolitan Police (Met) introduced police boxes throughout London between 1928 and 1937,and the design that later became the most well-known was created for the Met by Gilbert MacKenzie Trench in 1929."

'Met' means "DEAD" in Hebrew - you bunch of conned numpties! :o

It's not really spelt that way though because they use them funny squiggles. Oh, and they read bacwards. You're on your "tod" on this one.

Visit my site

Hi Alice,

Good to have you back... we were worried when you suddenly disappeared.

Keep up the good and informative work.