• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Confused

Did they?

I have posted several times that the 1929 stock market curves are not relevant because the last credit bubble did not go into stocks but went into property.

I expect equities to correct but not to tank as currency weakening means that there will be steady upward pressure on equities. So I see them as a hedge against inflation rather than a screaming buy.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Did they?

I have posted several times that the 1929 stock market curves are not relevant because the last credit bubble did not go into stocks but went into property.

I expect equities to correct but not to tank as currency weakening means that there will be steady upward pressure on equities. So I see them as a hedge against inflation rather than a screaming buy.

"I have posted several times that the 1929 stock market curves are not relevant "

I've no idea why they would be relevant except for people that are into T&A. Which is nosh. Grade A nosh.

HOLA448

Did they?

I have my party hat out. :)

The Dow could be at 20k i still wouldn't give a toss.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Looks like a re-run of the 90s NOT 30s so far. The devalation of the dollar is key, where as the dollar was backed by gold in 1930.

DOW looks like a long term buy, as well as gold.

Check this out

http://deflationhyperinflation2008.blogspot.com/

Agree totally. Lots of cash still on the sidelines waiting for a big pull back that will never happen. When this wall of money hits the markets we go to 20k ;)

HOLA4417
Guest P-Diddly

What is this based on?

What is driving it?

Is this government buying with QE money?

Is this bubble mania again?

Where are the fundamentals in Western economies to back this?

HOLA4418

I'll put my hands up and say I thought it was gong to run out of steam last week.

I thought I had done well enough and didn't want to push my luck.. especially since the money I had put in was for my deposit.

Better safe than sorry and all that.

This rally really suprised me.. people gripped with fear of rapid inflation? or really just the US numbers looking slightly better than expected.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

What is this based on?

What is driving it?

Is this government buying with QE money?

Is this bubble mania again?

Where are the fundamentals in Western economies to back this?

Fundamentals are soooooo yesterday. What need for fundamentals when Bernanke has fanchised his printing presses.

The stockmarket is just a rush to tangibles.

My question is what will the authorities do when the DOW gets to 15k or 20k and the FTSE to 10k and beyond......and then crashes?

If they try to prop that up with more buying and printing then its goodbye Viena and hello hyperinflation - because at that stage we will have an obviously rigged stock market on top of a rigged housing market on top of subsidised consumer spending on top of unsustainable public sector debt on top of unsustainable private sector debt.

Not much further to go befor it blows up entirely. They are doing a good job of killing the system.

HOLA4422

TheDow2008-1987-1929_5yr_2009-08-24.gif

1987, 1929, 2009 so far.

I can't see Obama standing by to let the stock market go to nothing -they'd rather hyperinflate. Just look at the Agentine and Mexico stockmarkets after their currency devaluations [google].

Japan is an exception - the Yen index appeared to strengthen in the 90s, causing stocks and property to go down.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425