House Price Crash Forum

Sterling Collapse Not All Bad For Men Of Britain

Like many on here I've been very alarmed, although not altogether surprised, by the fortunes of sterling in recent days.

However, thinking about it, it won't be all bad for us here in the UK. Of course we've all heard the usual claptrap about cheaper exports etc. boosting our non-existent industries, but just think about this...

1. A collapsed pound will lead to legions of beautiful foreign female tourists, from countries that could previously not afford to come here, to flood the UK. Can't afford that foreign summer holiday so you can pursue hot foreign babes anymore? No worries, just locate your nearest bars frequented by tourists/backpackers in your area, work on that English enunciation of yours (in a Bond-style) and sit back and wait. It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel and no need for the bother of flying anywhere either!

2. Perhaps your aim is higher than bedding a few backpacker babes during holiday season? Well, spend a few of your hard earned pennies (sorry, it'll be about 10k pretty soon I expect) on a half-decent suit and frequent the lobbies and bars of the more upmarket hotels in your local city. It shouldn't be long before you ensnare yourself some unsuspecting super-rich Asian business woman looking to bag herself an exotic European status-symbol husband. Ker-ching! Before you can say Mail Order Bride, you'll be a kept man, living in the lap of luxury in her Shanghai Penthouse, a Playstation controller in one hand, an ice-cold Tsing-Tao beer in the other.

3. But maybe you like your women closer to home, a good old English Rose per chance? Unfortunately the only thing rosy about most English girls these days is the colour of their cheeks, as they struggle to lift the huge behinds off the sofa to make another trip to the fridge. Decades of cheap food has regrettably led to a horrendous decline in the quality of our UK woman stock. Happily the advent of collapsing sterling, and the resultant rocketing price of food, will ultimately lead to the figure of your typical English lady being more like an affordable stick of celery than Jabba the bleeding Pizza Hut. Bonus!

So chin up boys, when one door closes another always opens :)

Edited by General Congreve

Like many on here I've been very alarmed, although not altogether surprised, by the fortunes of sterling in recent days.

However, thinking about it, it won't be all bad for us here in the UK. Of course we've all heard the usual claptrap about cheaper exports etc. boosting our non-existent industries, but just think about this...

1. A collapsed pound will lead to legions of beautiful foreign female tourists, from countries that could previously not afford to come here, to flood the UK. Can't afford that foreign summer holiday so you can pursue hot foreign babes anymore? No worries, just locate your nearest bars frequented by tourists/backpackers in your area, work on that English enunciation of yours (in a Bond-style) and sit back and wait. It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel and no need for the bother of flying anywhere either!

2. Perhaps your aim is higher than bedding a few backpacker babes during holiday season? Well, spend a few of your hard earned pennies (sorry, it'll be about 10k pretty soon I expect) on a half-decent suit and frequent the lobbies and bars of the more upmarket hotels in your local city. It shouldn't be long before you ensnare yourself some unsuspecting super-rich Asian business woman looking to bag herself an exotic European status-symbol husband. Ker-ching! Before you can say Mail Order Bride, you'll be a kept man, living in the lap of luxury in her Shanghai Penthouse, a Playstation controller in one hand, an ice-cold Tsing-Tao beer in the other.

3. But maybe you like your women closer to home, a good old English Rose per chance? Unfortunately the only thing rosy about most English girls these days is the colour of their cheeks, as they struggle to lift the huge behinds off the sofa to make another trip to the fridge. Decades of cheap food has regrettably led to a horrendous decline in the quality of our UK woman stock. Happily the advent of collapsing sterling, and the resultant rocketing price of food, will ultimately lead to the figure of your typical English lady being more like an affordable stick of celery than Jabba the bleeding Pizza Hut. Bonus!

:lol:

I'm not sure Brit men will be any kind of status symbol after Gordon has reduced the country to 3rd world status, but I like your thinking

:lol:

I'm not sure Brit men will be any kind of status symbol after Gordon has reduced the country to 3rd world status, but I like your thinking

Well 3rd World status didn't seem to do Russian, Thai or Philiipino brides too much harm with western guys over previous years. Like you I have my serious doubts, but fingers crossed, let's just hope the trend works in reverse ;)

Edited by General Congreve

Duh, we join the Euro!

It was planned years ago.

Happily the advent of collapsing sterling, and the resultant rocketing price of food, will ultimately lead to the figure of your typical English lady being more like an affordable stick of celery than Jabba the bleeding Pizza Hut. Bonus!

Ah, nice to meet another like minded individual!

People get so used to an illusion they think its real!