House Price Crash Forum

Daily Mail - The Wilsons, Retired Teachers Richer Than The Beckhams

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Dear christ that woman's ugly.

There really is no excuse.

A right pair of plums. The poster children for the excess and stupidity of the last few years? IMO they will come out with nothing, as will most of the BTL crowd. I suspect they are being used as the vanguard of announcing rising rates which is the next attempt to shake the housing tree and get some volumes moving, otherwise the banks are not going to be able to make any new loans?

HOLA444
Guest tbatst2000

You must be right about the principle behind what the portfolio is actually worth. That is how I would value it if I were spending my own money. I'd live with a 10% return so I'd want 18M a year rental income. Doing the sums I come up with a monthly rent of about 2000pcm per property. If you are getting that Fergus, you are about right on price. Well done for making a lot of money, but I still don't like you very much.

2000pcm for a 3 bed semi in Ashford? I don't think so....

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest tbatst2000

A random thought... I wonder if they're trying to sell now because most of their mortgages are reverting to SVRs from fixed rates? I seem to recall reading that they had a lot of mortgages with B&B, I'd guess their BTL SVR will not be that competitive these days.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Judith Wilson is one of Britain's best known and most successful property investors. From the humble beginnings of a former maths teacher she has built a property empire containing a portfolio of approaching seven hundred properties, based in Kent, South East England.

http://www.jwipb.co.uk/default.asp

jwipb.co.uk

[Querying whois.nic.uk]

[whois.nic.uk]

Domain name:

jwipb.co.uk

Registrant:

Tanya Wilson

Registrant type:

UK Individual

Registrant's address:

The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their

address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrar:

GX Networks Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]

URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Limited Company:

Name & Registered Office:

JWIPB LIMITED

50 HALL FARM DRIVE

TWICKENHAM

TW2 7PQ

Company No. 05928877

Accounting Reference Date: 30/09

Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/09/2008 (DORMANT)

Next Accounts Due: 30/06/2010

Last Return Made Up To: 08/09/2008

Next Return Due: 06/10/2009 OVERDUE

Are the press fecking thick? Is there any investigation done at all apart from reciting press releases verbatum?

I want to buy the Wilsons Property Company so where do I go? Where can I buy it?

Its not for sale, pure hype and ********

Edited by SavingForAShed

HOLA4410

A random thought... I wonder if they're trying to sell now because most of their mortgages are reverting to SVRs from fixed rates? I seem to recall reading that they had a lot of mortgages with B&B, I'd guess their BTL SVR will not be that competitive these days.

Yeah I recon unfavourable financing has got to be a part of it, plus the the possibility / likelihood of IR hikes down the line.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

They'd have to be very lucky, notwithstanding the current climate, to get a sale where they receive a huge dollop of cash and stroll off into the sunset.

It normally goes:

Big headline deal of business sale for X million pounds

Reality is they've possibly received some amount of cash and shares in the acquiring business - shares can't be sold until some point in the future. A further tranche of shares will be received in the future subject to the business meeting some targets - again unlikely shares can be sold immediately.

Tom Hunter sold his Olympus sport chain to JJB in the late eighties/early nineties and I'm pretty sure that as of last year he still hadn't received all the money from the sale.

HOLA4413

If anyone has 180 Million in their pocket and fancy a bargain the Wilsons solicitors Gullands are handling the sale. Be warned though they will not compromise on price, because in their experience prices are on the up again.

Source: Kent Messenger, no link yet, will post if they put it on the net.

Edited by Philgo

HOLA4414

If anyone has 180 Million in their pocket and fancy a bargain the Wilsons solicitors Gullands are handling the sale. Be warned though they will not compromise on price, because in their experience prices are on the up again.

Source: Kent Messenger, no link yet, will post if they put it on the net.

I have found a story from KM about the W's, but it does not quite state 'not compromise on £180m', the opposite I would say.

http://kentonline.co.uk/kol08/article/default.asp?article_id=49377

HOLA4415
HOLA4416