House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AteMoose

Changed Your Name

Guest Dizzy Rash Call

Who changed there name, and why?

Just for a bit of a laugh, I will probably change it back in the future. Why did you change yours?

I should also mention, at the time I joined I was bloody p1$$ed about house prices and the name was relevant to how I was feeling at the time. Now I'm becoming more and more apathetic and just want to have a bit of a laugh and be serious now and again. The name reflects the change in attitude I guess.

It's strange how we are named with pretty much generic names at birth. I like the way the Indian used to name their kids. I wouldn't mind being called "Running River" "Big Appendage" or something similar.

I think it assumes too much familiarity, unless you use something similar moosetea.

I wondered why Miami Vice was using Jimothy's avatar until I realised by the post count he had changed his name.

Though there can be only one poster who would plaster their sig with Hasselhofs.

Who changed there name, and why?

I was getting bored of Hyperinflation-a-go-go which was far too long and fusty. To be honest, I only chose it to give the vague impression I might be semi-economically literate. Which is patently not the case, given that I haunt the OT forum. I've noticed a rash of name-changers including Saving For A Shed, Miam I Vice and P-Diddy so I thought 'what the hell'. So, a homage to our favourite troll was borne.

Edit: Ooh, i've just noticed that now there's a wider margin to the left, even long names can be fitted in.

Guest Dizzy Rash Call

It's very confusing. I recognise your avatar, but I can't remember what you were called before. The same thing's happened with other posters in the past.

No your right it is kind of daft when you think about it. If you could change your face and name in real life it would be kind of confusing. It bet Gordon Bro...

Just for a bit of a laugh, I will probably change it back in the future. Why did you change yours?

It's very confusing. I recognise your avatar, but I can't remember what you were called before. The same thing's happened with other posters in the past.

Guest theboltonfury

I have had a couple of name changes, as my fancy dictates.

I was torn between being furious at Warrington or Bolton. I have made my choice now, and am sticking to it.

Guest skullingtonjoe

Owed over 10 grand (after taking out too many student and bank loans and blowing it all in Amsterdam, buying an Amiga etc etc etc). Changed my name to avoid debt repayment.

Oh, you meant my forum name? :rolleyes:

I was torn between being furious at Warrington or Bolton. I have made my choice now, and am sticking to it.

I always assumed that you were named after an early steam locomotive.

No, I really did.

Oh right, I thought it was a reference to your temperament, as in, the 'Fury of Bolton' - don't mess with him, he's small but he packs a punch. And he's from Bolton.

Right, so you used to be Bloo Loo and now you're Bloo Loo?

Very subtle.

not quite, I swapped the oo's of each word round as well....

It's strange how we are named with pretty much generic names at birth. I like the way the Indian used to name their kids. I wouldn't mind being called "Running River" "Big Appendage" or something similar.

I can understand that reasoning but my old school mate `Two dogs Fu-cking` had issues as a kid

Guest Dizzy Rash Call

I can understand that reasoning but my old school mate `Two dogs Fu-cking` had issues as a kid

:-)

Yeah but when you grow older, Wow. I'm sure someone could make a good career out of a name like that, at the very least some alcoholic beverages and a good ploughman's now and again.

No, I'm quite stable and not a hitman or anything. 'The Fury' was once mentioned as the stage name for Matt Malone in the sitcom Game On. when he joined a band. I play guitar and I thought that was funny, and I was living in Bolton, hence Theboltonfury..

It's a take on silly names like The Edge

Awesome.

Guest theboltonfury

Oh right, I thought it was a reference to your temperament, as in, the 'Fury of Bolton' - don't mess with him, he's small but he packs a punch. And he's from Bolton.

No, I'm quite stable and not a hitman or anything. 'The Fury' was once mentioned as the stage name for Matt Malone in the sitcom Game On. when he joined a band. I play guitar and I thought that was funny, and I was living in Bolton, hence Theboltonfury..

It's a take on silly names like The Edge

Your situation is rather different. The name changers are individuals who use different identities. You, on the other hand, are clearly many people sharing the same identity.

p-o-p

Guest theboltonfury

Your situation is rather different. The name changers are individuals who use different identities. You, on the other hand, are clearly many people sharing the same identity.

p-o-p

You mean I have many different names that I post under here?

No chance.

Losers with too much time on their hands do that.

I should also mention, at the time I joined I was bloody p1$ed about house prices and the name was relevant to how I was feeling at the time. Now I'm becoming more and more apathetic and just want to have a bit of a laugh and be serious now and again. The name reflects the change in attitude I guess.

Weird you should ask, I saw your new name had a look at who you used to be and that caused me to change mine! Ditto at the chilling out, I was angry in 04 :) I've always wondered at what stage in human evolution we decided to call each other names, and when surnames started..

I imagine some bloke in a cave deciding to create the name 'fred'

Guest theboltonfury

No. I mean that theboltonfury is legion.

p-o-p

Sorry pop, not sure what legion means in this context?

blank post - server weird.

What does legion mean?