House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1929crash

Guido On Andy Marr's Private Life

Yesterday on the Today programme there was a discussion as to if the mainstream media would sit on a story that Guido would not. Sarah Montague dismissed the idea that there is in fact a cosy media elite. Well here is another story that everyone in the Westminster media knows yet won’t publish. It involves three household names; Jackie Ashley, the Guardian’s cheerleader-in-chief for the Brownies, Alice Miles of The Times, who cheers for the Cameroons and Andy Marr, Gordon Brown’s much favoured BBC interlocutor.

If this story was about soap stars, footballers or chart-toppers it would be all over the papers. If an actress on EastEnders had an affair with an actor on Coronation Street who was married to the star of Emmerdale which resulted in a love-child it would be front-page news on every newspaper. Yet Andy Marr fathering a child with Alice Miles whilst married to Jackie Ashley goes unreported. Across newsrooms, at Islington and Hampstead dinner parties it has been common knowledge for years. These three journalists are at the heart of the politico-media nexus that constitutes the new ruling class. The producers and editors who are the media gate-keepers would not be keen to dish the dirt on their own… despite the fact that it would be of huge interest to the public.

UPDATE : Lots of high minded left-windbag pomposity about this story. Excellent. The great Stanislav returns in the comments with a verbal tour-de-farce which very eloquently mirrors Guido’s thinking. Don’t recall any of those now attacking “gutter blogging” raising any such hackles when another prominent political journalist’s sexual foibles and follies were exposed. In fact most of them rejoiced everytime Boris Johnson was caught with his pants down…

http://order-order.com/2008/01/18/story-you-wont-get-from-bbc-guardian-or/

No, are they covering this old story?

getting to it the back door route - about press freedom with one hand and how the injunction system works - particularly mentioning how it was not even possible to mention that A Marr had taken out an injunction about his activities without breaching it (whilst not saying what it was). I am assuming that's why Guido's gone for it this week too.

I have to say, it's pathetic from Marr, if you behave like this, it IS newsworthy, certainly moreso than the endless fkcuing advertisements dressed as interviews for Strictly Come Dancing on the Breakfast News. And if Marr thinks it's appropriate to quote the blogosphere against Brown, then he's got to accept it t'other way round too....

getting to it the back door route - about press freedom with one hand and how the injunction system works - particularly mentioning how it was not even possible to mention that A Marr had taken out an injunction about his activities without breaching it (whilst not saying what it was). I am assuming that's why Guido's gone for it this week too.

I have to say, it's pathetic from Marr, if you behave like this, it IS newsworthy, certainly moreso than the endless fkcuing advertisements dressed as interviews for Strictly Come Dancing on the Breakfast News. And if Marr thinks it's appropriate to quote the blogosphere against Brown, then he's got to accept it t'other way round too....

We should run a poll on Andrew Marr - Hero or Hypocrite?

We should run a poll on Andrew Marr - Hero or Hypocrite?

I wondered why he even asked the queston - he makes Richard and Judy look like serious interviewers. There was obviously a point to it - I thought Brown would have had it cued up and said "Absolutely not and gone on about how the "Tory List" was spreading such rumours and how this was all they could do to discredit a man who was saving Britain, saving the World", but oddly, he didn't - he went off on one (like elsewhere this week).

the Beeb in general is getting worse - just yesterday, they allowed Alistair Campbell to get away with the following - talking about the Sun and it wot won it in 1992 and Murdoch's influence. Campbell threateningly mentioned to his namesake Nicky, (paraphrasing) "when you think how to cover these things just remember what an incoming Tory government will do to a left leaning public broadcaster like the BBC" - ridiculous.

I have always wondered why Marr was held in such high esteem. I have always personally found his presenting skills to be terrible and it has staggered me how high he is held by some journos - this explains it all now.

As the old saying goes, it is not what you know but who you are poking!