House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ken_ichikawa

No News Radio Stations?

Today I was woken up by classic FM as I cannot stand pop music and after a couple of minutes the news came on which said house prices increased by 0.5% for the past 6 months , and put on some comentator that said oh so the UK economy is saved! , etc etc ...

I dont want to be woken by such things , so is there a radio station which doesn't have news? , (note still using a alarm clock radio bought in 1991 so no digital stations).

Guest Dizzy Rash Call

Today I was woken up by classic FM as I cannot stand pop music and after a couple of minutes the news came on which said house prices increased by 0.5% for the past 6 months , and put on some comentator that said oh so the UK economy is saved! , etc etc ...

I dont want to be woken by such things , so is there a radio station which doesn't have news? , (note still using a alarm clock radio bought in 1991 so no digital stations).

I know exactly what you mean. Radio 5 live can be good, but must admit recently I've been getting a little tired of some show which concentrate on negative/issues. Radio 4 is better, many of the programs are interesting. With both, if the programs start getting too negative, economy, yet another moral code extremely broken I just turn it off.

You could try your local radio stations. I find them generally to be more positive (same with tv too). I do live in the country though, so it's all a little greener.

I know exactly what you mean. Radio 5 live can be good, but must admit recently I've been getting a little tired of some show which concentrate on negative/issues. Radio 4 is better, many of the programs are interesting. With both, if the programs start getting too negative, economy, yet another moral code extremely broken I just turn it off.

You could try your local radio stations. I find them generally to be more positive (same with tv too). I do live in the country though, so it's all a little greener.

Hmm living in Manchester the local stations are pop and they go onto the usual news thing every hour too , meh I think I'll just use a mp3 player or something as an alarm clock.