House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wires 74

Pensioner Fined For Prodding Hoodie

Guest AuntJess

I despair, I really do. We have the trendy, nannystate defenders wrapping every one in cotton wool.

Don't ANY of them ever read the relevant animal studies, which give rather a good indication of what happens when you do mollycoddle the young.sad.gif

Well it is one way to destroy a country, I s'pose. Make the adult population as useless as f**k, one way or another, then the country will collapse. And no better way than letting them have total licence as they grow: - no punishment, don't take responsibility for anything they do. Anyone who tries to remonstrate with them, hold them up as an example of abuse.dry.gif

Sadly what now passes for abuse, a number of them are short of.ph34r.gif

The lack of self respect is unreal.

What sort of wimpy w@nky 17 year old tells the police a granny prodded him?

The mail need to go round to his mates houses and interview them taking the plss out of him, I know I would.

Guest AuntJess

The mail need to go round to his mates houses and interview them taking the plss out of him, I know I would.

Maybe someone with a 'chip on his shoulder' about the older generations?

I find it a disturbing echo of the tactics of the Hitler youth, more than half a century ago. They were encouraged to be 'snitches' and report to the Gestapo any activities which were not 'acceptable'.

What is really deplorable is, that these little mard-*rses are setting up a situation where someone will complain about REAL abuse and not be heeded, due to the 'boy who cried wolf' scenario.

For me, the worst aspect of this is UK society, thanks to the idiot Bleeding Heart Ivory Tower Dwelling Liberal Lefties, has lost sight of one core reality of social order: the authoratative position in ordered society of older people.

Animals learn from the elders in their tribe: so did (purposive past tense) human beings.

Herein is a duopoly of disaster: older peple have been effectively marginalised by the socio-economic drivers: and youth promoted as "Cool".

Thanks to the "Know Your Rights" PC brigade, almost everyone kids come into contact with have had their authority and sanctions removeed: parents, teachers and fellow -older- citizens.

That's precisely why British society heads further into effective anarchy.

For me, the worst aspect of this is UK society, thanks to the idiot Bleeding Heart Ivory Tower Dwelling Liberal Lefties, has lost sight of one core reality of social order: the authoratative position in ordered society of older people.

Animals learn from the elders in their tribe: so did (purposive past tense) human beings.

Herein is a duopoly of disaster: older peple have been effectively marginalised by the socio-economic drivers: and youth promoted as "Cool".

Thanks to the "Know Your Rights" PC brigade, almost everyone kids come into contact with have had their authority and sanctions removeed: parents, teachers and fellow -older- citizens.

That's precisely why British society heads further into effective anarchy.

At first glance I thought it said "Pensioner fined for hooding poodle" shurely shome mishtake?

An excellent point, I have to admit. B)

I despair, I really do. We have the trendy, nannystate defenders wrapping every one in cotton wool.

Don't ANY of them ever read the relevant animal studies, which give rather a good indication of what happens when you do mollycoddle the young.sad.gif

Well it is one way to destroy a country, I s'pose. Make the adult population as useless as f**k, one way or another, then the country will collapse. And no better way than letting them have total licence as they grow: - no punishment, don't take responsibility for anything they do. Anyone who tries to remonstrate with them, hold them up as an example of abuse.dry.gif

Sadly what now passes for abuse, a number of them are short of.ph34r.gif

The authorities are only partly to blame. Family culture is largely responsible.

If one of my stepdaughters harassed an old woman (they wouldn't) , my wife would leave her in a badly bruised and wailing heap on the floor, or possibly worse. Latin discipline isn't subtle and has major drawbacks, but is at least effective in preventing this kind of behaviour.

I was brought up in the seventies, like many current parents. The idea of defending my children against punishment from the authorities if they misbehave hasn't permeated my brain - how the hell did this idea get into the chav parents heads?

Guest skullingtonjoe

Maybe someone with a 'chip on his shoulder' about the older generations?

I find it a disturbing echo of the tactics of the Hitler youth, more than half a century ago. They were encouraged to be 'snitches' and report to the Gestapo any activities which were not 'acceptable'.

What is really deplorable is, that these little mard-*rses are setting up a situation where someone will complain about REAL abuse and not be heeded, due to the 'boy who cried wolf' scenario.

Gary Newlove - nothing learned.

Colin Philpott - nothing heard about (God only knows what`s happening!)

Fiona Pilkington and Francecca - nothing learned.

Harmless 71-year-old-granny (now with criminal record!) - still nothing learned.

Who`s next? :angry: :(:rolleyes:

(Poor old dear, bet she wishes she`d stayed in Germany now!)

The liberal morons who are attempting to enforce a system where everyone has their rights and no one can do this that or the other etc is a good idea

In theory.

However they seem astonishingly to have forgotn that 'people' are involved.

The system they want ,is for people to not go round prodding ,hitting people, fair enough, but for it to work it has to be reciprical. IE kids dont throw stones at peoples windows.

Except they do.

It only works if EVERYONE signs up to it..................but they NEVER will. People cheat and lie, all the time in all walks of life!!!!!

Footballers claiming fouls that never happened, people cheating at a game of cards, people not declaring earnings to avoid tax,estate agents claiming another offer was made to get you to UP your offer a bit. MP's claiming expenses they wer'nt entitled too.

People bend and stretch the rules ALL THE TIME so this system will never ever work.....ever.

The liberal approach has had a 10/15 years trial and utterly failed, beacuse it is fundamentaly flawed

The problem is the police went for the easy target ie the path of least resistance , ie the old woman admitted the charge case opened and shut in a couple of hours or days.

Police officer gets a +1 crime detected and a +1 crime solved for his minimum arrest quota they are given each month.

Courts get a +1 conviction score.

Government gets £50 off the old woman and a crime detected and solved statistic.

While if you go for the harder target then it becomes different.

Ie police officer arrests the other party , they completely deny it, which requires interview of the old woman , the younger person , which then boils down to one persons word against another.

Police officer = +1 arrest 0 for an unsolved crime

Even worse it goes to court and it is dragged through the courts for days and or months , due to one word vs another.... and the case remains inconclusive.

Court gets score of 0 for no conviction

Government gets a unsolved crime/complaint type score.

It is identical to why the government prosecutes the normally law abiding person rather than the chav , because the law abiding person has stuff and or assets the government can seize. You can fine the chav who will have nothing to be seized or they will get the court to grant them some sort of concession so they can pay the fine or whatever they get back in installments that they can afford which typically means 25p a week.

A woman in Bolton stole 185K worth of benefits once , the court ordered her to pay it back , she got a concession and is paying it back at 50p per week.

people cheating at a game of cards,

I'm sorry, but that's been happening for a lot longer than 10 to 15 years.

It happened to me in the 80s for a start...

:(