Inflationists..... 40.59..........50.00..........56.25

Deflationists ....59.41.........50.00..........43.75

Houses?

Ratio will go down............................ NA........85.00...........79.86

Ratio will stay the same or go up... NA........15.00...........20.14

IMPORTANT NOTICE.....

DUE TO THE NEW LAYOUT, HOW YOU VOTE WILL BE VIEWABLE TO EVERYONE

I am unhappy with this - but I cant figure out a way to turn it off

I LIKE the idea because it encourages TRUTHFUL voting BUT It might skew the results for this month.

This Pi55e5 me off greatly. - imagine finding out Sibley was a closet bear!!!

IMPORTANT NOTICE OVER

OK Folks - please vote on this one - its so important right now - the infl/defl figures are showing a definite trend - & I really thing the Ratio question holds the key for many on here. I know its hot on the heels of Errol's "how would you vote tomorrow' thread, but, I have to ask the same Q's month on month or the whole thing doesn't work.

As the title says - at least its a distraction from the new format!

As usual, I will try to keep it on the front page for 24 hours

sbn

Edited by sbn

I'll say one thing about this new layout.... It kills a Poll stone dead!!!!

Been on here about an hour - already on page 2

With 3 votes!!!!!

Wow

Edited by sbn

I'll say one thing about this new layout.... It kills a Poll stone dead!!!!

Been on here about an hour - already on page 2

With 3 votes!!!!!

Wow

Try making it a secret poll. We've not had public polls on here before - might be putting some people off.

Try making it a secret poll. We've not had public polls on here before - might be putting some people off.

By Jove!!

Public voting must be a new feature that I was not aware of!!

I quite like it myself, and I'm happy to stand by my vote, but I agree - the fact that votes are public might alter ther responses.

and THAT is something I am unhappy with. But I'm bu66ered if I can find a way to make it secret. Please advise

Dammit! Just read the 'public vote' comments! Ignore mine, I'm pi55ed :blink:

Good God Man!!!! - I've just seen how you voted - I believe another new feature is the ability to withdraw your vote! - If you are not prepared to stand by it of course.

I'm going by the documentation on the 'new thread' form here so I might be wrong but....

There's a checkbox you can tick when you set up the vote to make it public. Is it possible you ticked it without reading what it was for ?

Sadly this can't be changed after the first vote is cast so you might need to ask the mods to bin this thread and start a new one without the checkbox ticked

Edit: I'm pretty sure it is a new feature

Edited by narrowescape

By Jove!!

Public voting must be a new feature that I was not aware of!!

I quite like it myself, and I'm happy to stand by my vote, but I agree - the fact that votes are public might alter ther responses.

and THAT is something I am unhappy with. But I'm bu66ered if I can find a way to make it secret. Please advise

Dammit! Just read the 'public vote' comments! Ignore mine, I'm pi55ed :blink:

Good God Man!!!! - I've just seen how you voted - I believe another new feature is the ability to withdraw your vote! - If you are not prepared to stand by it of course.

:lol:

I feel so dirty!

Consider it a protest vote 'cos you bu99ers refuse to include the SNP!

And so, to bed.....

From the Invision community website:

http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-2672-ip-board-3-0-0-status-update/

Public Polls

The option to allow public polls is now in the admin area. Public polls are like normal polls but they show the name of the members who voted and what they voted for in the poll. Administrators can also optionally allow members to delete their vote and re-vote in polls. This new feature only functions with newly-created polls. Administrators can switch a poll from private to public only if the poll has had no votes.

I feel so dirty!

Consider it a protest vote 'cos you bu99ers refuse to include the SNP!

And so, to bed.....

No - its OK, you've covered yourself by admitting that you are under the influence. I, for one, am sure that you fully intended to vote otherwise, but the new forum layout and the effects of the alcohol, not to mention the late hour , almost certainly acted together to confuse the eye and obfuscate the co-ordination... it is totally understandable that your vote was misdirected .

For party I had to choose "Other".

But in fact my true answer would be "Unsure yet" but this doesn't appear to be an opinion. (Or perhaps "Anyone but Labour" would be a better choice - maybe they could put that on the real ballot then distribute the votes between other parties?!)

I'm unsure because EVERY party has people in it who don't know what the feck they are doing as they don't seem to grasp the fundamentals of ANY issue.

Another poll without the Libertarian Party UK on it - can the next one include them, please? My vote for them is in 'other'.

No harm in that - I'll try to remember to include tham on the next one.

bumpage

I would suggest do it again and don't select the box:

Public Poll? (If checked, votes will be made public. This cannot be changed once a vote has been made!)

this time.

Though I was always interested who was voting "Labour":

AThirdWay (who?)

bearwithasorehead

I would suggest do it again and don't select the box:

Public Poll? (If checked, votes will be made public. This cannot be changed once a vote has been made!)

this time.

Though I was always interested who was voting "Labour":

AThirdWay (who?)

bearwithasorehead

You know the more I think about it, the more i think that it should be a public vote.

You should be able to stand by what you believe in anyway. Nobody here seriously thinks that their vote in elections can not be traced back to them do they?

I think I read a comment on Errol's poll where someone said that the reason the BNP vote was so high was that Shills were coming on here and swaying votes - this might put them off a bit if they are then forced to argue their position. - Something most genuine BNP voters sem to relish the opportunity to do!

If you swing from poll to poll then who cares?? OOOhhh so and so was an inflationista, now hes a deflationista so he's not worth listenning to. Blah blah

B0ll0x - only really dim people refuse to ever change their mind about anything!

Anyway - if you wake up sober and realise that you have publicly declared your allegance to Broon and his gang then you can always delete your vote and hope nobody notced!

Edited by sbn

Guest Steve Cook

Previous Results

July 2009....Aug 2009....Sept 2009

Total Votes 101......60.......144

Politics? %'s

Lab............ 1.98..........1.67..........2.08

Con........... 44.55......50.00........40.97

Lib dem..... 20.79......16.67........11.81

Green......... 8.91........8.33..........9.03

UKIP.......... 2.97........5.00..........5.56

BNP........... 5.94........3.33..........6.25

Spoil.......... 1.98........5.00..........6.25

Wont vote. ..8.91......10.00.......11.81

Other......... 3.96.........0.00..........6.25

Money?

Inflationists..... 40.59..........50.00..........56.25

Deflationists ....59.41.........50.00..........43.75

Houses?

Ratio will go down............................ NA........85.00...........79.86

Ratio will stay the same or go up... NA........15.00...........20.14

IMPORTANT NOTICE.....

DUE TO THE NEW LAYOUT, HOW YOU VOTE WILL BE VIEWABLE TO EVERYONE

I am unhappy with this - but I cant figure out a way to turn it off

I LIKE the idea because it encourages TRUTHFUL voting BUT It might skew the results for this month.

This Pi55e5 me off greatly. - imagine finding out Sibley was a closet bear!!!

IMPORTANT NOTICE OVER

OK Folks - please vote on this one - its so important right now - the infl/defl figures are showing a definite trend - & I really thing the Ratio question holds the key for many on here. I know its hot on the heels of Errol's "how would you vote tomorrow' thread, but, I have to ask the same Q's month on month or the whole thing doesn't work.

As the title says - at least its a distraction from the new format!

As usual, I will try to keep it on the front page for 24 hours

sbn

Public voting has precisely the opposite effect to truthful voting. It will encourage dishonest voting or, at best, abstention.

All of the above because we are a social species.

Being seen to be conforming to the percieved shared values of one's ingroup is, for many, preferable to just about anything else.

See the Milgram and Stanford experiments for details......

http://en.wikipedia....gram_experiment

http://en.wikipedia....ison_experiment

Edited by Steve Cook

Public voting has precisely the opposite effect to truthful voting. It will encourage dishonest voting or, at best, abstention.

Oh I dont know - we need another poll !!!

What does everybody think - make monthly measure public of private?

Actually - just to point out..... i have realised my mistake. When I was building this months poll I DID tick the public box... thinking - "well of course I want to make this poll public - its not much bl00dy good if only I can vote!"

SHTOOPID = me

Edited by sbn

You know the more I think about it, the more i think that it should be a public vote.

You should be able to stand by what you believe in anyway. Nobody here seriously thinks that their vote in elections can not be traced back to them do they?

I think I read a comment on Errol's poll where someone said that the reason the BNP vote was so high was that Shills were coming on here and swaying votes - this might put them off a bit if they are then forced to argue their position. - Something most genuine BNP voters sem to relish the opportunity to do!

If you swing from poll to poll then who cares?? OOOhhh so and so was an inflationista, now hes a deflationista so he's not worth listenning to. Blah blah

B0ll0x - only really dim people refuse to ever change their mind about anything!

Your poll so your rules.

However I think there is a difference between positing a position in a thread and voting in a poll.

In a thread you are actively making a statement with your name on it and should be prepared to defend it; that he never did was my main gripe with Sibley.

In a poll you are just expressing a preference and should not feel under a potential obligation to back up that vote with a coherent argument.

I won't be doing any public polls, or voting in them.

Your poll so your rules.

However I think there is a difference between positing a position in a thread and voting in a poll.

In a thread you are actively making a statement with your name on it and should be prepared to defend it; that he never did was my main gripe with Sibley.

In a poll you are just expressing a preference and should not feel under a potential obligation to back up that vote with a coherent argument.

I won't be doing any public polls, or voting in them.

Another bump for the friday night crew

This poll would be more interesting if you could find a way to gauge the strength of people's convictions. I chose "conservative", "deflation" and "a drop in the P/E ratio for houses".

I do not hold my current positions very strongly and could change my mind pretty quickly over the next few months.

I have no idea how the questions could be posed to find out whether people are expressing a "central tendancy" opinion (like I have) or a very strongly held position.

This poll would be more interesting if you could find a way to gauge the strength of people's convictions. I chose "conservative", "deflation" and "a drop in the P/E ratio for houses".

I do not hold my current positions very strongly and could change my mind pretty quickly over the next few months.

I have no idea how the questions could be posed to find out whether people are expressing a "central tendancy" opinion (like I have) or a very strongly held position.

In this case, its a public poll - not my original intention, but since I have known - I have stressed it very clearly. For that reason, I think each vote here count for 2 on an anonymous poll.

Enforced by the fact that people can RETRACT THEIR VOTE!

So, Accidentally - admit, this is an honest poll. - Worth its weight in ...........erm ...........a a currency that is not fiat but can also be considered as a comodity.

I'm still realy inerested to hear from others......... most people have said that this should be a private poll - as it satnds I will make it a private poll next month, unless I get some support for continuing it in public.

Edited by sbn

OOOooooooo KKKKKKkkkkkkkkkk

This is getting interesting. Almost a complete swing on every question when people have to stand beind their vot!e !!!

Plus a massive reduction in numbers

Edited by sbn

Can we have a neutral option for the 'flation question? It won't let me vote if I don't check all three, and neither of those options suit me right now.

I'm more in the "Sitting on the fence and sh1tting myself" category.