House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shedfish

I Quite Like The New Version

OK, it's not perfect, but if i back the text size down one stop*, everything looks... well, ok

BUGBEAR!

external links opening in same window... BAAAD. i believe this is a simple thing to fix though

other than that (and the blue gradient in the title bars that has never been quite enough pixels deep), i think it's a grower

*edit: that's a relatively simple .css edit?

** i'm on a Mac. this might not apply if you're on W*nkdows

Edited by shedfish

OK, it's not perfect, but if i back the text size down one stop*, everything looks... well, ok

BUGBEAR!

external links opening in same window... BAAAD. i believe this is a simple thing to fix though

other than that (and the blue gradient in the title bars that has never been quite enough pixels deep), i think it's a grower

...no problem on Windows XP & Firefox.........great new design....the old one was getting stale.... :P

(Or just fix some of the annoying stuff...)

...I always found in change management people would resist as an initial reaction ...usually 65% against ....to clarify issues 'annoying stuff' needs to be defined..... :)

Guest UK Debt Slave

BUGBEAR!

It'll all be forgotten in a couple weeks time and people will just get used to the new format

The hysterical reaction to it is pathetic frankly. Some people on here need to get a fekkn life

Guest CrashTestDummy

I can't say I'm a massive fan but i'll get used to it.

Aren't people funny about change? I like it, but I'm no techno whizz kid. It's like Facebook, they keep changing it, you hate it at first, then get used to it, then start thinking that the old design was getting old.......

It'll all be forgotten in a couple weeks time and people will just get used to the new format

That is what I thought about the ebay changes.

still use it far less than before and still hate it.

Guest CrashTestDummy

That is what I thought about the ebay changes.

still use it far less than before and still hate it.

I think we got the message the first time you posted it.

...I always found in change management people would resist as an initial reaction ...usually 65% against

WTF kind of bull sh1t is that?

As for the new setup.. in its current form is annoying as hell, however the platform appears more flexible/modern than the last so hopefully it can be improved above and beyond with a bit of TLC.

I will put my faith in the mods to get it back to its former ease of use / viewing.

I think we got the message the first time you posted it.

proof that the old sh1tty problems didn't go away with the fisher price mod. Where did the duplicates go anyway?

I'm a luddite get me out of here.

Seriously, some of the new UI functionality is good. However, the styling, essentially typesetting, for which age old principles apply, mean less content on the page on the list of threads, hence more scrolling, so it's harder on the eyes and the hands, which is very irksome. I for one want to skim the thread titles as quickly as possible, without straining my eyes - the old style was just right as far as that was concerned. Yes the fonts and graphics are admitedly smoother and more stylish now, but the spacing is too large.

If we could have the best elements of the old and the new, there'd be quite an improvement.

Edited by bugged bunny

Quick! Steve's shitting out a new iGizmo that you simply must buy now!!! It's at least 2% whiter than the old one!!!

And the wonderful irony is, part of my job involves QAing some new forum software, and I presented the list of threads on the old HPC site as an example of a better UI just last week. Ha ha ha! Wouldn't do that now.

Sorry I don't go with the excuse of 'oh we've upgraded and have to go with the new default skins which are crap and it's not our fault'.

The new default skins should be evaluated, undergo some user acceptance testing on a staging server, then tweaked as necessary before they go live.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

I'm strangely proud that I was almost certainly the first person to say the new site was an improvement, back in those dark old days when everyone else was demanding a reversion to the previous site. As I said earlier - congrats to all involved in the upgrade - it's much better. All you Luddites should be ashamed!!!

Guest The Relaxation Suite

You can embed video now though! I'm having great fun with that..

"maybe tomorrow I'll wanna settle down.... until tomorrow I'll just keep moving on"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PINxfouNQFw

It's much better no doubt, and those of us who thought so from the very beginning canhave a smug sense of inflated superiority over those who will come round to that conclusion only over time. I wonder if those threatening to flounce out like the belle of the ball will sneak back in under new usernames to save face?

Guest CrashTestDummy

proof that the old sh1tty problems didn't go away with the fisher price mod. Where did the duplicates go anyway?

Ah, a bad tradesman always blames his tools. ;)

Quick! Steve's shitting out a new iGizmo that you simply must buy now!!! It's at least 2% whiter than the old one!!!

:lol: don't knock it til you've tried it

a few months on a Mac, and you might see the terrible truth - that Windows is like a bad cover band

..and anyway, my Mac's silver, iPod is black, and i think Jobby is a bit of a knob

Guest CrashTestDummy

that is because a bad tradesman usually has sh1t tools luv

Hook, line and sinker. :rolleyes: