House Price Crash Forum

Sonic Warfare Used On Protestors

Tim Miller

HOLA441

Has it come to this. I fear for the future, day by day we lose our rights and this government has been as bad if not a damn sight worse than any other to date. How long will it be before we see it's use on British streets. I do not support anarchists, I have never protested in the streets, but this is a terrifying advancement in crowd control. Today we have Taser's and certainly in the US and occasionally here they are used inappropriately. We are filmed by 300 CCTV cameras an hour in London, George Orwell knew a thing or two about the future. This is a black day for freedom of expression and speech no matter what your view, no matter what your beliefs. Of all the introductions made against protesting such as kettling or water cannons, this new advance to me is the most significant and deeply disturbing by far. For anyone daft enough to write we need all these tools to control protesters, it's protesters today and the rest of us tomorrow, just wait and see.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1217451/Sonic-warfare-U-S-police-admit-trained-spotlight-sound-louder-jet-engine-G20-rioters.html#ixzz0Si1hFDNU

HOLA442
HOLA443

Has it come to this. I fear for the future, day by day we lose our rights and this government has been as bad if not a damn sight worse than any other to date. How long will it be before we see it's use on British streets. I do not support anarchists, I have never protested in the streets, but this is a terrifying advancement in crowd control. Today we have Taser's and certainly in the US and occasionally here they are used inappropriately. We are filmed by 300 CCTV cameras an hour in London, George Orwell knew a thing or two about the future. This is a black day for freedom of expression and speech no matter what your view, no matter what your beliefs. Of all the introductions made against protesting such as kettling or water cannons, this new advance to me is the most significant and deeply disturbing by far. For anyone daft enough to write we need all these tools to control protesters, it's protesters today and the rest of us tomorrow, just wait and see.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1217451/Sonic-warfare-U-S-police-admit-trained-spotlight-sound-louder-jet-engine-G20-rioters.html#ixzz0Si1hFDNU

This seems better than tear gas and rubber bullets, no?

HOLA444
HOLA445

This seems better than tear gas and rubber bullets, no?

No I don't think so, it's got a range of two miles, you can 'hit' thousands and thousands of people with a flick of a switch. You could go to any massive protest and 'control' every single person at that meeting if you so desired. There could never be a French revolution again! It's that powerful. You can forget another poll tax protest or miners strike. Any government can place a couple of trouble makers in any crowd and Bob's your uncle, press the switch, end of dispute or strike because their was trouble, a brick was thrown! I'm not left wing at all, but this is what the future holds, it's not good.

HOLA446

The Russians wouldn't ****** about- it would get a Molotov Cocktail

I don't think you would get the chance to throw one, you would be covering up your ears! Come to think about it, this is just what my ex used to do to me, only for an hour and a half on a bad day! She missed her vocation!

HOLA447

erm no , in that tear gas ammo and baton rounds are finite these babies just plug into the wall socket or generator and is virtually infinate in its usage capacity

Based on that article, it's just a very loud noise.

If you'd rather be shot in the face with a rubber bullet than exposed to a noise for as long as it takes for you to put your fingers in your ears you are a strange fellow indeed.

Bring some earplugs + ear defenders to the next protest you attend. Also setting up a few barriers in front of the path of the sonic weapon will reflect some of the noise back at them.

HOLA448

If you'd rather be shot in the face with a rubber bullet than exposed to a noise for as long as it takes for you to put your fingers in your ears you are a strange fellow indeed.

Bring some earplugs + ear defenders to the next protest you attend. Also setting up a few barriers in front of the path of the sonic weapon will reflect some of the noise back at them.

I think your not seeing the big picture, rubber bullets have a limited range and how many people would be hit by them at a protest? These sonic machines can give anyone and everyone permanent hearing loss! They admit if you turned the volume right up it's a real danger to people. As I first said, your looking at a new machine that can totally control a massive crowd. It's a new weapon that is being used to control civilians.

HOLA449

Nope you are playing hobsons choice be shot in the face or have a sonic weapon against you...

I'd rather nothing be used since peaceful protest is supposed to be allowed in democratic countries , or is it just evidence we live in an Injin type despot society?.

I mentioned ear defenders when this topic was raised a couple days ago , much like HK riots tear gas was stuck in a basin of water to neutralise it , people will find a way around it...

HOLA4410

Nope you are playing hobsons choice be shot in the face or have a sonic weapon against you...

I'd rather nothing be used since peaceful protest is supposed to be allowed in democratic countries , or is it just evidence we live in an Injin type despot society?.

When the going gets tough, they take it out on protesters.

The UK government used rubber bullets in NI during the 1970s. They would not hesitate to do so again if the situation called for it.

HOLA4411

I think your not seeing the big picture, rubber bullets have a limited range and how many people would be hit by them at a protest? These sonic machines can give anyone and everyone permanent hearing loss! They admit if you turned the volume right up it's a real danger to people. As I first said, your looking at a new machine that can totally control a massive crowd. It's a new weapon that is being used to control civilians.

How many people would be hit by rubber bullets? Enough to make everyone else run away! Tear gas is typically used now to disperse large crowds. Some countries use water cannons.

If they turned the volume up so loud it gave everyone permanent hearing loss, that would include anyone who lived in the vicinity and any police, etc too close to the device. Can't see it happening myself - if things get that bad, so bad they are prepared to deafen random people who may not even be part of the protest, they might as well crack out the real bullets. They'll need them to stop the hundreds of thousands of angry citizens when they start attacking the police and their families in their homes.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

The sonic ones are only one of the tools.

check out bluebeam,that's the one where they can project directly into your head!!

...no you aren't schizophrenic,it's the authorities beaming in messages to spontaneously go and buy coca cola..

I know they practice some devious marketing tactics but turning prople into zombies is way below the belt

HOLA4414

When the going gets tough, they take it out on protesters.

The UK government used rubber bullets in NI during the 1970s. They would not hesitate to do so again if the situation called for it.

Lets see them try it when the russians turn up.

HOLA4415

No I don't think so, it's got a range of two miles, you can 'hit' thousands and thousands of people with a flick of a switch. You could go to any massive protest and 'control' every single person at that meeting if you so desired. There could never be a French revolution again! It's that powerful. You can forget another poll tax protest or miners strike. Any government can place a couple of trouble makers in any crowd and Bob's your uncle, press the switch, end of dispute or strike because their was trouble, a brick was thrown! I'm not left wing at all, but this is what the future holds, it's not good.

Nah, slight over reaction mate. I reckon these camp crusaders would know what to wear

pi101101a1.jpg

It will never happen that this thing can be loud enough to effect people wearing ear defenders or anyone without would be instantly deafened.

HOLA4416
Guest AuntJess

Isn't there some sort of sonic wotist that sends out a frequency, which makes you lose control of your....err..undercarriage?huh.gif

HOLA4417

Isn't there some sort of sonic wotist that sends out a frequency, which makes you lose control of your....err..undercarriage?huh.gif

It was called brown note/noise , its not true, unless say they do a Regan over the speakers by accident (when Regan was testing the Microphone before a speech he messed around by saying the USSR was going to be bombed) ie say over the speakers to use live ammo and open fire on the crowd , THAT might cause some browness in your pants.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Some kind of clever ear protection is perhaps in order?

But then the pain/heat ray thing on el reg will be used in conjuction with this device....

about 10 years ago some bloke developed an air taser which used lasers to ionise the air and send electric currents through the ionised air.... soon there will be a crowd control version which can taser a football stadium of people.

I reckon in 5-10 years time we will start seeing autogun CCTV cameras.

HOLA4420

Some kind of clever ear protection is perhaps in order?

Take your pick

ep4.jpg

http://www.enforce-logic.co.uk/ep3_ep4.php

http://www.sensear.com/earplugsp1x.php?PHPSESSID=7392cbb6b9498b32bc75a65c11e89809

http://www.ultimateear.com/industry.htm

Pro_9_ear_defenders.jpg_e_407ac82537a725683042a7e4a662ae34.jpg

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/accessories/shooting/296636/Pro_9_Ear_Defenders.html

Frankly it can't be loader than a gun going off next to your ear so any old ear plugs would probably be sufficient.

HOLA4421

What you have to remember is that these cops seem tough because they are fighting small numbers of kids. When the men come out on the street thay will be very scared. At the moment the protesters are holding banners and shouting. This is easy work for fat, lazy cops in robocop uniforms to get in their and beat some easy targets. Lets see how they cope when the level of violence reaches what we saw in ireland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMY5wpzZDI

In ireland that expensive electrical equipment wouldnt have lasted 5 minutes before some chav burnt it to the ground.

HOLA4422

What you have to remember is that these cops seem tough because they are fighting small numbers of kids. When the men come out on the street thay will be very scared. At the moment the protesters are holding banners and shouting. This is easy work for fat, lazy cops in robocop uniforms to get in their and beat some easy targets. Lets see how they cope when the level of violence reaches what we saw in ireland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMY5wpzZDI

In ireland that expensive electrical equipment wouldnt have lasted 5 minutes before some chav burnt it to the ground.

But thats when the july 4th incident is repeated (Tianamen sq they call it the july 4th incident there) ie soldiers are called out and start shooting at people with live ammo , and Injin gets whats the word ah vindicated.

HOLA4423

But thats when the july 4th incident is repeated (Tianamen sq they call it the july 4th incident there) ie soldiers are called out and start shooting at people with live ammo , and Injin gets whats the word ah vindicated.

I predict the point when the soldiers start using live ammo on civilians in America is the point that Charlton Heston's friends spill onto the streets with their AR15's.

Compare how the soldiers in the Northern Ireland video differ in their bevaviout to the police we see now. The soldiers are purely trying to contain the problem and are very passive. The police now are too agressive, and this is what will be their downfall. It works against easy targets, but not against organised determined men.

HOLA4424

I predict the point when the soldiers start using live ammo on civilians in America is the point that Charlton Heston's friends spill onto the streets with their AR15's.

Compare how the soldiers in the Northern Ireland video compare in their bevaviout to the police we see now. The soldiers are purely trying to contain the problem and are very passive. The police now are too agressive, and this is what will be their downfall. It works against easy targets, but not against organised determined men.

Question is what happens here when live ammo is used ?.

HOLA4425

Archived